Going Out Of Business Sale
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GaryL

Thread: Going Out Of Business Sale

Going Out Of Business Sale - - - EVERYTHING IS SOLD !!!

EVERYTHING IS SOLD !!!

For the last seven years, I've run a motorcycle training business in northern Illinois. I shuttered the doors this year and have 5 TWs to sell. I've bought and sold a number of bikes because I wanted my clients to be riding newer, nice looking bikes, vice what you see at most training schools. In the past I've had 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 models. The ones that remain have all just had the oil and filter changed and ready for winter storage or riding. All in excellent condition - never been in the woods or on the street. They are all stock, so you know what they look like, so I won't post pictures of each bike just yet. As I get some time this week, I will post photos.

Here's the list with miles. I would like to sell them for a fair price, because I'd really like the capital for a new venture, so . . . make me an offer that I can accept. Can you guess which one I've been saving for myself?

2009 690 miles $3300
    2009 1200 miles $3100
    2008 2095 miles $2800
    2008 2130 miles $2800
    2007 2066 miles $2600

I have some spare parts that I will throw in for buyers. First come first served.

I also have 4 low mileage Honda Rebels (white 2006, red 2007, blue 2009, black 2009) just in case you know anybody that would like one. Email is the best way to contact me. I am happy to show the bikes to anyone willing to look. Larry

EVERYTHING IS SOLD !!!
    Last edited by scalzitti; 10-26-2015 at 03:29 PM. Reason: All items sold

I'll take a guess! Since I am a firm believer that the model year of TWs after 2001 is meaningless, go for the one with the least miles on it.

This sounds like a great opportunity for guys and gals local to you to score a lightly used TW. Wish I was closer so I could come and take a look.

GaryL
    jbfla likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I'd go for the best runner (seat of the pants judgement), not just the lowest mileage. You can have three exact bikes come off the dealer floor and they'll run differently. Which ones were assembled on Monday or Friday? Let those go first. I've also read somewhere in the forum that certain years are more susceptible than others to develop base gasket leaks. Get rid of those next. Since it was your school, you probably know the maintenance side of them really well; which one(s) have had the most shavings/dirtiest oil.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I may be interested in all 5. Please pm or call me at 850-797-6 two two 7

I used to like the beaches at Destin and Appalachicola, but I'm thinkin they got all built up since 1975
    2005 Tdub

Sponosred Links