Wtb tw 200
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wtb tw 200

Wtb tw 200

Greetings. First post no0btown here. Want a TW in good shape possibly with some accessories.

Waded thru some of the flea market looking for one hopefully not far from where I live, which is 100 miles east of Erie, Pa

Have also been looking on CL a little and at AdvRider.. (been adv member for over 12 yrs)

Would like to pick one up soon to work on over the Winter. Just parked my R1200GS today..

Thanks in advance.....................

rbm
    Good luck in your search! And, hello and welcome!

Try using bikefinds.com! Super useful website when finding a bike!
    Scutler likes this.
    Gone - 2006 TW200
    Gone - 2014 CB1100
    2015 WR250R - Bored, stroked
    Gone - 2000 Trans Am
    Stolen - 2007 Trailblazer SS
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
    1977 Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer 710M

2 Timothy 1:7

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thank you both..

I used search tempest when looking for mine (SearchTempest Online Classifieds Search - All the Classifieds. One Search.). You can search multiple CL areas if you don't mind driving a little bit and various search terms (ie "tw200" vs "tw 200"). It's been a little bit since I have used it but I think I bookmarked and checked once or twice a day.
    2007 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by jwashkau View Post
    I used search tempest when looking for mine (SearchTempest Online Classifieds Search - All the Classifieds. One Search.). You can search multiple CL areas if you don't mind driving a little bit and various search terms (ie "tw200" vs "tw 200"). It's been a little bit since I have used it but I think I bookmarked and checked once or twice a day.
    Thanks, that makes it much easier searching. Even tells mileage from my zip code. Most are the same old CL ads.

Closest one doesn't tell what year the bike is!

2nd one has a real bad pick of bike in back of truck. Can barely see the bike!

3rd one doesn't list bikes mileage or have a phone number to call!

4th one. Picture was taken 7 years ago!!

Shag,

I have 5 TWs for sale. I shut down my motorcycle school this year, so you can take your pick! You're only 8 or 9 hours away and one will fit great in the bed of a pickup. I've found that part of the fun of buying a bike is the journey to pick it up. Good luck, Larry

Quote Originally Posted by SHAG View Post
    Thanks, that makes it much easier searching. Even tells mileage from my zip code. Most are the same old CL ads.

Closest one doesn't tell what year the bike is!

2nd one has a real bad pick of bike in back of truck. Can barely see the bike!

3rd one doesn't list bikes mileage or have a phone number to call!

4th one. Picture was taken 7 years ago!!
    Being fairly close, you might see one listed for $1500 right near where I live in NY. It is a 1995 and he started at $2400 claiming his wife did not like it.
    I went and looked at it. Run, don't walk away from this one! The bike was run hard, put away wet and hammered in every way imaginable. I would not give more than $500 for it as a parts bike.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Search Tempest held onto listings after they expired which was annoying, but if you keep an eye on the new postings (once or twice a day) it is a nice way to find bikes in multiple zip codes as local as you choose. Don't look at old postings on it.

Like scalzitti mentioned above I put mine in the back of a small old Toyota truck strapped down with the tailgate down pretty easily.
    Last edited by jwashkau; 10-25-2013 at 09:48 AM.
    2007 TW200

Thanks again for all the help.. Yes scalzitti, I saw your ad. Trying to find one closer first.. Good luck with your sales.

Trying to catch up around here. Just went thru the CL thread and age thread.

Heading to dealer tomorrow to see how far I can chisel them down an a new one
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!

2005 BMWR12GS Rock Red 106k miles
    2013 TW200 - 8k- miles
    2018 X-MAX - 6k- miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links