TW Off road tyres needed asap!!!!
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tcepilot

Thread: TW Off road tyres needed asap!!!!

TW Off road tyres needed asap!!!!

Hi Guys, Im having a nightmare.

IM in desperate need of some off road tyres!

I do 5% road riding and 95% off road in wet mud and the standard tw tyres are simply not up to the job.

Ive tried everywhere today and came up with nothing, i want hardcore off road tyres and cant get anything, in the UK the bridgestone tw34 rear has been discontinued so im simply left with on road tyres which i dont want.

Any ideas? please please help and the bike is more of less unridable at the moment with the standard tyres on!

I need makes and models of tyres i can get hold of or im more than happy to buy some of any of you guys if you have any?

The standard tyre size of my tw 125 is 130/80/18 front and 180/80/14 rear

Help appriciated

Craig

soooo, done lots of research and i would have like to fit dedicated off road tyres but due to the strange sizes this was not going to happen.

Ive ordered a bridgstone tw34 for the rear, although you guys get it as standard in the USA, over here in the UK we dont, to me it looks like it will be good off road actually due to it having grip right down the sides.

Ive yet to order the front though, any ideas please lads? ill await your responses before i order one as im sure i will be able to get one over here.

Thanks in advance!

The tw34 is a great rear tire. You might try the Shinko 244 - 5.10 on the front, it is a great tire and a favorite around here with lots of folks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Not a hugh choice for the rear tire, TW34 is best you will probably get over yonder, unless you want to mess around with an ATV tire many over here seem to like. TW34 works better with lower tire pressures when off road.

Front: I use a shinko 244, aired down for off-road, but if I wanted something a little more agressive for mud, I'd give a Kenda 760 or Michelin T63 or similar a try. Here is some more tire info from the forum on front tires: https://tw200forum.com/forum/performa...e-choices.html

Good luck!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    The tw34 is a great rear tire. You might try the Shinko 244 - 5.10 on the front, it is a great tire and a favorite around here with lots of folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Not a hugh choice for the rear tire, TW34 is best you will probably get over yonder, unless you want to mess around with an ATV tire many over here seem to like. TW34 works better with lower tire pressures when off road.

Front: I use a shinko 244, aired down for off-road, but if I wanted something a little more agressive for mud, I'd give a Kenda 760 or Michelin T63 or similar a try. Here is some more tire info from the forum on front tires: https://tw200forum.com/forum/performa...e-choices.html

Good luck!
    Brilliant, thanks for the input guys its appreciated as always.

I did look at the quad tire option, i dont want to go too far with the bike in all honesty, i have a show car and the bike is literally just a toy.

I just feel i NEED off road tyres at this point.

Will research the front tyres and keep you posted!

I run the kenda k270 size 120/80-18. fantastic in the trails! I would recommend getting a more aggressive kenda though as the shinko 244 and the k270 are more for 50 50 road n off-road.
    littletommy likes this.
    -tcepilot Hidden Content
    --- Psalm 23 Verses 4-5 ----

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil,
    for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed
    my head with oil; My cup overflows. (New American Standard Bible)

Sponosred Links