Who Really wants a super TW?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Who Really wants a super TW?

Who Really wants a super TW?

Who Really wants a super nice TW?
    I found this gem "Garage Queen" this July and drove 300 miles to go get her. She had 675 original miles and was stuffed in the back of a heated work shop for many years by the 65 year old guy who only ever rode it around on his NJ camp ground. I am 62 and joined here when I first got it and began doing all the upgrades and accessorizing based on what I learned from this forum. It has been a long and rather expensive project but I sure did enjoy doing all these upgrades and working on such a pretty 22 year old but practically new bike.
    Below is a list of all the things I have done showing the basic prices of all the added options. I have not put 200 miles on it since I bought it so everything is about as new as can be.
    I plan to buy another TW and start all over again but the next one will not be as clean and gorgeous so I won't be shy about banging it around in my local woods.
    It had carburetor issues I tried to resolve by cleaning and rebuilding but I finally bit the bullet and bought a brand new one direct from Yamaha. Issue solved!

Accessory Parts List

1- New OEM carburetor $270
    2- Gregor extended pilot screw $ 30
    3- Lizrdbrth oil cooler with aluminum mount. $200
    4- Jimbo Shield $ 60
    5- Cycle racks rear rack $ 200
    6- Moose racing hand guards and cushion grips $ 70
    7- 12 volt power outlet $ 15
    8- Coleman/Sterns seat cover $ 25
    9- Wide cast iron foot pegs $ 25
    10- New battery 7/13 $ 60
    11- New fuel petcock and filter $ 40
    12- My fabricated UHMW full skid plate $ 95
    13- Pro cycle 19 Kg. shock spring & mounting $180
    14- Pro Cycle tool tube with locking cap $ 90
    15- Battery tender Jr. with direct wiring to Bat. $ 35
    Almost $1400 in upgrades and I paid $1600 for the bike in pristine condition with 675 miles in July of this year. I have not put 200 miles on it since I started this project, exactly 4 rides with Bucknutz and or Gregor.
    I raised the front fender 1 inch with aluminum spacers and SS bolts.
    Chain and sprockets are in perfect condition and stock 15/50 gearing.
    The handle bars are loaded with lead shot to reduce vibration on the road.
    It has fresh full synthetic Mobil 1 Racing for MC oil and filter at 800 miles when the cooler was installed.
    The bike is ready to ride right this minute with absolutely nothing needed and it runs perfect and has all adjustments just done. Valves, Cam Chain and chain.
    The only flaws on this entire bike are a tiny paint chip on the front left side of the tank about a quarter the size of a dime. The right side tool/electric box cover is new and black and the left side was painted black so they match. There is no stock tool kit, it was gone. The tires are original stock and look like new but they are 22 years old and fine off road but if you plan to ride this bike on the highway I would certainly recommend new rubber. There is zero rust anywhere on this bike and it looks as nice as the day it came from the showroom. All lights work as they should and all blinkers do as well. There are no dents or scratches and no plastic damage at all. The bike is registered, insured and inspected for NY and I have clear title in hand.
    You will not find a nicer 1991 TW anywhere and I fully believe that every added option I have done makes this a very special bike worthy of top dollar with only 855 original miles and not yet fully broke in.
    The only water it ever saw was from a hose while washing and waxing it.
    I had it sold to a member here but that deal fell through because of shipping costs. I do not need to sell it at all but will offer it to any member here who is willing to come up with the right offer. With new ones going for $4,000 - $4500 before you add $1400 in accessories make me an offer for this truly beautiful 1991 that is practically new but highly decorated with all the right options. It of course has both kick and electric start. Send me a PM with your email address as I refuse to discuss negotiations in the open forum. If you don't hear back from me that probably means you need to keep looking or come up with a better offer! The bike is in my garage in NY about 80 miles NW of NY City. I will ship it anywhere as long as you are willing to pay the freight and crating costs. It will not leave here until I have cash in my hand so spare me the typical scams. I don't do Western Union or Pay Pal but I do trust USPS money orders and will even take your personal check once it clears my bank. I highly prefer to have a member come here, check it out and take it home in your truck or trailer with green cash in my hand. I will also be just fine enjoying it this spring when the weather for riding returns to the NY Catskills.

Some pics attached here but I think you can go to my photobucket album and see them all.

GaryL
    tcepilot likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

More Pics

Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

man you got a heck of a deal on that bike, I just bought a 87 with 1300 miles on it and I paid 1500.00 for her, it's nice but not as nice as yours. probley paid to much for it but around my neck of the woods not to many to choose from. So I will ride the wheels of this thing and hopfully it wont owe me a thing when I am done with it or wear it out. You have made my dream machine there hope I can catch up in the next year or so, and thanx for the parts list.
    87tw,08 klr650,00dr200,76tl250,73cl175 scrambler,75tl250,76tl125,1960 cushman trailster,

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 66roadkill66 View Post
    man you got a heck of a deal on that bike, I just bought a 87 with 1300 miles on it and I paid 1500.00 for her, it's nice but not as nice as yours. probley paid to much for it but around my neck of the woods not to many to choose from. So I will ride the wheels of this thing and hopfully it wont owe me a thing when I am done with it or wear it out. You have made my dream machine there hope I can catch up in the next year or so, and thanx for the parts list.
    I don't think you paid too much at all for a bike with 1300 miles and just broke in as long as it was not abused. I was in the right place at the right time with cash in my hand when this one hit CL. He listed it for $2300 and even at that price it was a reasonable bargain but he wanted it gone that day.

I see a lot of decent TWs up here at $1500+ but they all have between 4-8 thousand miles and are well used machines all in need of lots of work.

GaryL
    66roadkill66 likes this.

My 87 had 1400 miles on it and I paid 1600.00 for it so don't feel bad at all 66roadkill66. It needed one seal replaced, thats it. But then I also found the forum....and as most of us, opened the rusty hinged wallet and have poured countless hundreds into making it mine. Regrets? hmmmm. It was almost like new and needed only one seal replaced. O well...life is short, the bikes paid for, looks sweet, but like Gary, I almost don't want to take it out on the trails and get it all dirty or scratched.
    66roadkill66 likes this.

Great looking bike. I love my TW and bought it with only about 100 or so miles on it and it was like new. Since I had no blood sweat in tears in the bike I don't mind using it for all its worth though.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Man that things is pretty and I love the purple color scheme!!!

As she looks right now with the tool tube and locking cap and the heavy Pro Cycle spring.

Here is the paint chip.

GaryL
    Last edited by GaryL; 11-10-2013 at 04:14 PM.

I Sure am looking at my bank account ...
    ~ Brian

Life's too short to be in a hurry... Ride a T-Dub Hidden Content

2013 TW200
    2004 VTX 1300
    Hidden Content The Spirit of the Lizrd Rolls Forever.

I was lucky when I went looking for a TW. I watched an 2006 on Craig's List for about 10 days before going to check it out. The PO had made it his, and it was not appealing to any potential buyers. He had several onlookers but no offers. For what he initially was asking $2700, I picked up for $1740.I call my bike Fugly and have no problem scratching it up. It has always run well and I have put my own personal touches to it. I am a happy TW 200 owner.
    Last edited by Joemama; 11-11-2013 at 07:26 AM.
    Dubzha likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links