WTB 87 bottom carb bowl, anyone have one? or where can I buy a new one?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: WTB 87 bottom carb bowl, anyone have one? or where can I buy a new one?

WTB 87 bottom carb bowl, anyone have one? or where can I buy a new one?

WTB a 87 bottom carb bowl. One of the screw holes is partly broken off, it's mickey moused now, but works ok with no leaks. Looked at partzilla, stadium yamaha, rocky mountain, etc
    Don't see one listed in the parts for sale. Help please.

I only looked up an 87, what other years will work? It is a California carb model.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Can you permanently fix it with epoxy and a small flat washer?

Just wondering?

Didn't see much help on Ebay.

The broke off tab is long gone and it is being held by a flat washer now. I would just like to find a new float bowl if I can. Thank you very much for looking for me. Any parts places that might have one? It's a California carb, an 87, and I am not sure how many other years would probably fit. When did the carbs change to something else?

Thanks again Rurindum.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I would have to doubt that the float bowl will ever show up as a separate part on any parts list which is why I have been looking on Ebay for a complete carburetor. To quote you here "works ok with no leaks" tells me you really don't have a problem. And probably never will.

I would be happy to give you something else to worry about. Such as: My miniature horse is getting really cold on these Nevada nights so I have been bringing her in the house to warm up but she wants to sleep on the bed. It's O.K. with me but I hate her cold hooves on my back at 2 AM. And when I bring her in to get warm the chickens and goats want to come in too.

My best,

Rurlndum

I'm being fussy. The bike just went through a total refresh and it's just the fact that I know there is a broken part on an otherwise like-new bike that makes me want to fix it. I can't help myself.

That's funny about the animals, but I know it's true!! They ain't no fools!!

"it's just the fact that I know there is a broken part on an otherwise like-new bike that makes me want to fix it. I can't help myself. "

I completely understand.
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    ....I only looked up an 87, what other years will work? It is a California carb model.
    Should be any year from '87 to 2000. The bowl isn't sold separately. You'll need to find a used part or buy a whole carb.

jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Thank you JB, I appreciate that. Do you think the float bowl is the same on California models as it is on the 49 state models or do I need to be looking for a California only part? Pretty sure they would be the same, but just checking..

Mel
    Rurindum, I think a good hot John Deere parked in the barn would keep those animals warm. And yes, I do have a problem with people wanting to take care of my John Deere. Everybody wants to borrow it, then claim possession is 9/10's of the law and don't want to bring it back.
    Mel
    rurlndum likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Thank you JB, I appreciate that. Do you think the float bowl is the same on California models as it is on the 49 state models or do I need to be looking for a California only part? Pretty sure they would be the same, but just checking..
    The bowl is the same on on the Cali and non Cali carbs.

jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links