WTB: T-Dub in Central Illinois
Close

WTB: T-Dub in Central Illinois

I've been reading through the forum for awhile now and I've officially caught the TW flu. I'm looking to buy a TW200 needing some care and work (probably an older year) and have been searching on bikefinds.com, search tempest, and craigslist for awhile now but haven't found too many in the area (Central llinois/midwest) that are in the right price range. This is a project that my dad and I are planning to start together this spring/summer. I appreciate any help or insight that you guys might have into people wanting to sell! What a great forum this is, I'm looking forward to officially joining the crowd!

-Amanda

rbm
    Good luck in your search Amanda! Hope you find one soon!

Good luck. Not sure how it is out there but around here they don't pop up that often and when they do they go fast. Real fast. I have 2 friend also looking for older models. I just got mine 2 months ago after letting a bunch slip through my fingers. But they are worth it. So much fun

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Did you see the one in Springfield? Might be more than you want to pay though. 1996 Yamaha TW200

Another search to do would be through; Find New and Used Motorcycles for Sale - CycleTrader.com . I found mine through there. Right now there are only 40 TWs listed nationwide on there. Spring will bring out the trade-ins. I got my 2010 way lower than what is listed on there currently.

A thought for you is, If you buy from a dealer in another state. Ask for a low out the door price with out tax, as you will pay the tax when you register it in Illinois.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

Quote Originally Posted by Tirebiter View Post
    Did you see the one in Springfield? Might be more than you want to pay though. 1996 Yamaha TW200
    Thanks, yeah I did see that one but it doesn't seem like the best deal based on the prices I've seen on other comparable TW's around here. This is also about the fourth different time I've seen it posted up on craigslist over this winter. I'm not sure if that means the price is pretty firm, something's weird about the bike, or if no one is interested right now.

Quote Originally Posted by OurDee View Post
    Another search to do would be through; Find New and Used Motorcycles for Sale - CycleTrader.com . I found mine through there. Right now there are only 40 TWs listed nationwide on there. Spring will bring out the trade-ins. I got my 2010 way lower than what is listed on there currently.

A thought for you is, If you buy from a dealer in another state. Ask for a low out the door price with out tax, as you will pay the tax when you register it in Illinois.
    Thanks! I will have to check that place out too. I'm definitely hoping to see more options out there come spring.

Sponosred Links