Let the feeding frenzy begin!
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Let the feeding frenzy begin!

Let the feeding frenzy begin!

Just bought a no title tw200 with good running engine/fresh carb clean out. Its the light blue one so guessing about late 90's?? Missing seat but looks pretty complete. Will be parting it out to my good friends here in the norcal gang (okay probably anyone on this great forum but going to give first shot to my local riding buddies....). The local motorcycle shop here showed it to me about 3 months ago but been super busy and been thinking about it.... Have never parted out a bike so should be fun.....Will pick it up tomorrow and take pics which I should be able to post this weekend or next week.
    Fred likes this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Hi Mike,

I would be interested in the engine and carb.

Brian

and Brian, should you get the engine, I would be interested in the kick starter if you were to part with it. And my feeling won't be hurt if you don't want too.

Kris
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

11 minutes to respond? brian you're slowing down!
    MTLHead and TW-Brian like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

LOL, Brian. I saw your ad in Craigs list so knew you would be first to reply.....engine and carb are yours....Let me check bike over when I get it here and We'll strike up a deal.....(of course you'll get the riding buddy discount). Hey a light bulb just when on in my head. Host another wrench and ride party and I'll bring the parts bike over (along with the black widow for riding) for a engine removal and complete teardown of sellable parts. We'll be like a wake of vultures on this TW.... Anyone attending will be sure to get a good deal on any used part they need.
    Last edited by evan; 02-13-2014 at 03:02 PM.
    TW-Brian and joeband like this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Tw's don't need cleaning!
    TW-Brian likes this.
    View my build/off road riding here with lots of pics and vids Hidden Content

Uk TW/ Suzuki LTZ250 off road rider only

Flat out or back out.

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    and Brian, should you get the engine, I would be interested in the kick starter if you were to part with it. And my feeling won't be hurt if you don't want too.

Kris
    Hey Admiral,

You are second in line (after Joemama) for the next available kickers that I come across.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by evan View Post
    LOL, Brian. I saw your ad in Craigs list so knew you would be first to reply.....engine and carb are yours....Let me check bike over when I get it here and We'll strike up a deal.....(of course you'll get the riding buddy discount). Hey a light bulb just when on in my head. Host another wrench and ride party and I'll bring the parts bike over (along with the black widow for riding) for a engine removal and complete teardown of sellable parts. We'll be like a wake of vultures on this TW.... Anyone attending will be sure to get a good deal on any used part they need.
    I really like your idea of having another Wrench and Ride to cannibalize this bike!

Attendees can reserve the parts that they are interested in and we can collectively tear it apart. Sounds like a painless way for you to part this bike out and take home a few nickels. (I have an '87 parts bike that I may also throw into the feeding frenzy if it looks like there are enough bottom feeders interested!)

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    11 minutes to respond? brian you're slowing down!
    Joe, you are right.

It is this pesky job that keeps getting in the way of more important things!

Hi Brian,Sign me up for the kick starter.

Joe
    Last edited by Joemama; 02-13-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links