West Oakland TW for sale
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: West Oakland TW for sale

West Oakland TW for sale

Long live the internal combustion engine!

Scam.

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Scam.
    That is what Big D said.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Why a scam fellas?

because any t-dub posted longer than 4 hours is either: A. bought by brian or B. it's brian's for sale.
    admiral and TW-Brian like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Ahh ha...thats pretty funny

I like Joeband's explanation!

Yes I too feel it is a scam with several tale-tell signs. The 1st clue something isn't right to me is the minimal description for such a clean bike. Not really trying very hard to make a sale, eh. In this guys case, he points out it will not last, and it is true that good values won't last. So explain why is it still up after 4+ days? Anyone serious about sell something will usually respond quickly, because they want the money and they want it as soon as they can get it. So why haven't we heard back from this seller? And why is this price a bit out of line with what others are asking for their bike.

No single thing screams scam, but collectively it paints a scam like picture. My 2 cents FWIW.
    Big D
    The Parts Bike Rider (PBR)

Explain what benefit there is in posting a Scam. We have one here on CL that has been re listed numerous times and many have tried to contact the jerk. It is listed as a 1995 I think, with 300 original miles and no title but easy to get the title and for $1400 in Milton PA.

I have contacted this guy thru CL numerous times with no response as have others. One member actually made phone contact but never heard back from the guy. I don't get what the scam could be but he keeps re listing it every couple of weeks. A nice 95 with just 300 miles for $1400 should go pretty quick in these parts with or without a title as long as it is legit.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

i'll say on this one too:
    1. that picture of a '06 i saw last year on a google search. i specifically remember it, as it looked like my '06 parts bike parked in my garage. it could just be that they didn't want to take their own picture but...
    2. the embeded map shows it in the exact same location as sgt emily medic's bike. the corner of manning rd and livermore ave.

something smells fishy.

that said: i'm not sure exactly how they'd scam you, as long as you aren't totally dumb, e.g.: sending them your name, address and phone, credit card info, wire money etc.... i guess too you could arrange to meet them at some scary, dark corner, but it seems unlikely that a t-dub is the ultimate lure.

i will admit buying my craigslist ttr motor yesterday did sound like a drug deal. i had limited transportation; odd opportunities to talk; meet me on the corner with cash; i'm in jeans with a green cap....
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    I will admit buying my craigslist ttr motor yesterday did sound like a drug deal. i had limited transportation; odd opportunities to talk; meet me on the corner with cash; i'm in jeans with a green cap....
    I have a problem having Craigslist buyers come to my house giving them the layout of my buildings and such. I try to avoid that by meeting buyers at a public place if I can. Sometimes it does feel like a drug deal.

A month ago I bought an aluminum toolbox for a pickup truck box. The guy had it in his unlocked polebarn that was full of nice goodies. He had already told me on the phone that he and his wife worked days and no one was home until 5PM. I'm trustworthy but there's plenty of meth heads out there that aren't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links