Wanted TW200 Washington State area
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wanted TW200 Washington State area

Wanted TW200 Washington State area

**Bought a Super Sherpa** Though, still interested in a TW if it's a really good deal.

a2a2e2y4.jpg

Hey all, I'm hunting for a TW200, XT225/250, Super Sherpa, etc etc. Basically a small dual sport for my girlfriend. She's taking MSF in a couple weeks, and I want her to have a bike waiting. I don't care what year, I just want a running bike for cheap! So, if you're close to me, have a decently price bike, I've got cash in hand. Let me know, thanks.
    Last edited by EmptiMind; 03-18-2014 at 02:16 AM.
    dette likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EmptiMind View Post
    Hey all, I'm hunting for a TW200, XT225/250, Super Sherpa, etc etc. Basically a small dual sport for my girlfriend. She's taking MSF in a couple weeks, and I want her to have a bike waiting. I don't care what year, I just want a running bike for cheap! So, if you're close to me, have a decently price bike, I've got cash in hand. Let me know, thanks.
    I have one for sale but it may be a little more than you want. It is an 08. It has pro-taper ATV Hi bars, heated Rock Star grips, Clark tank, seat concepts seat, black Jimbo shield, large pegs, square IMGO mirrors, 12 volt outlet, HID front light, LED rear turn signals, Carb mod, Air-box mod, Front and rear Cycle Racks, Wolfman tank bag, Built tail bag, New Shinko Tires for street, a spare rear wheel and tire. I also have another complete set of rims with a Bighorn 2.0 rear and Kenda 760 front also all new. I am sure I forgot about some of the stuff I have. I want $#200 for everything.

I'm sure that's $3200, huh? Yeah, it's out of my price range. I'm maxing out around $2k unfortunately. Bills and some such. Though it is a good deal for anyone who wants it, nice amount of farkles.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Still looking folks! I've literally walked through 3 barns in the last week to look at "mid-90s" "great condition" "running" TW200s. All of them have been 1987 models, rusted tanks. One had carb issues, one had what I'm guessing is a CDI issue, and the other just wouldn't start. None of them had their oil changed in the last 10 years, fuel probably as long. All needed new rubber, chains, sprockets. All the owners wanted over $1000. I laughed, offered $500-700 based on condition, and walked away.

Probably to far for you and it was posted 24 Feb. Still up though.1993, 9,000 miles, $1,600, Nampa, Idaho.

93 Yamaha TW200

There are others available too, but higher than what you want.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Thanks admiral, I admire your TW quite a lot, found pictures on adv. What tank do you use?

As far as that one, it's not a good enough deal to warrant a 19 hour day in my book. Is that really what a 93 is worth?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Probably to far for you and it was posted 24 Feb. Still up though.1993, 9,000 miles, $1,600, Nampa, Idaho.

93 Yamaha TW200

There are others available too, but higher than what you want.

Thanks admiral, I admire your TW quite a lot, found pictures on adv. What tank do you use?

As far as that one, it's not a good enough deal to warrant a 19 hour day in my book. Is that really what a 93 is worth?
    I'm pretty sure this seller will get pretty close to his asking price. I'm sure better deals can be had, but... TW's around here tend to be higher than elsewhere.

Got my tank from a forum member few years back. It's a mid 1980's XT600. I sure do like the extra range in-between fill up's.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Then I found a '96 that looks terrific for 1.8 should I just go for it? 4k miles and a cycle rack.

Think I'll need to hunt for that xt600 tank. Looks smoother than the xt225s.

Honestly $1,800 probably ain't bad all things considered. Nice lower miles, so lots of life left in. Cycle Rack = Bonus!

I really love the looks of the XT225 tanks, but even my XT600 is larger at about 2.9 gal. XT600 was offered so I accepted, but if I were looking for a different tank now, I'd be looking for a Clark XT350 tank or similar which holds about 4 gal. Lots of options of different tanks, all have some issues of fit or modification to fit. You'll figure out what your needs are once you get one!

Good luck!

Then I found a '96 that looks terrific for 1.8 should I just go for it? 4k miles and a cycle rack.

Think I'll need to hunt for that xt600 tank. Looks smoother than the xt225s.
    If you need one NOW, that is not a bad price if well cared for. I found a 98 recently for $750.00. However, it was not running but was totally complete (6K miles). It needed about 20 hours of cleaning, adjusting, and a few missing nuts and bolts. If I had needed a shop to do the work I would have the shop time into it (20 hrs @ $?.?? - $500 to $1,000.00?). Plus, I bet they would have replaced a lot more parts than I did. So, it would not be hard to be into it for $1,750.00 if I couldn't do the work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links