New Forum Section! TW200 Pictures & Videos
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: New Forum Section! TW200 Pictures & Videos

New Forum Section! TW200 Pictures & Videos

By request from the membership, we have added a section devoted to your photos and videos.

General photos and videos of rides and whatnot can go in this general section, and more technical videos can go in the Technical Maintenance & Repair section.

Thank you all for making this forum the great place that it is through your suggestions and participation.
    GTG, evan, Gerry and 4 others like this.

I'm confused. So, if I make a video or take pictures of a ride, as in a trail ride, or adventure ride trip, I post it here instead of the Trail, off-road, and Adventure Riding thread?
    goldenhtr and TWilight like this.

For these two new video and photo libraries to achieve the stated goals is not a librarian's services required to cut and paste or copy all the old photos and videos from various posts and organise them accodringly, possibly eliminating the Gallery Section all together as redundant? Otherwise we might just end up with one more area to search if we seek a particular "How to" subject or ride video. This library idea might have merit if it is actively managed and existing data files masaged into the new format including all the wonderfull information, videos and pictures from the old Forum. If left to us forum members to figure out we might very well continue to post haphazardly, which really does not bother me as much as facing new posting guidlines or "rules".
    A little organization is nice but this Forum would not be as enjoyable if it becomes too formal or rule bound. Our goofy bikes need a goofy forum
    TWilight likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

We have become masters of goofy!

Tom
    TWilight likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

From what I can see in these early stages of conception, the video's probably should be separated from the pictures. Sort of like the mechanical video section is separate.

HKLBRY, starting threads, photo's or video's by "member names photos" and they place all of there photos there. Video's like wise. Or by subject matter, "Photos of rides in cornfields" or "NJ Pine Barrens video's".

If not organized in some manner as in the current format, photo's and video's will get blended together and may be difficult to find if looking for something specific.
    TWilight likes this.

Huckleberry has put a lot of good thought into this. Very generous offer to help with the organization too. I think a few of us occasionally blend a few pics with videos in a ride report but those could just be lumped in with rest of ride videos.
    I am curious though if the new sections will contain just the "cut and pasted " video and photo imagry and not include nor permit the back and forth banter that currently exists in response to when these things are posted in either of the existing appropriate sections? Sometimes the back and forth contributions of other members provides valuable and/or needed insights to the issue at hand.
    I would imagine that the propossed new sections contents would require a link back to the original thread in order to establish and maintain the desired ease of navigation while not loosing content. Perhaps I just don't underfstand how propossed new system improves what is currently available in "Gallery", "Technical Help", "Trails, Off Road, andAdventure Rides", etc or the "Stickies". Is the goal to have sections without commentary?
    Last edited by Fred; 05-17-2015 at 02:12 PM.
    goldenhtr and TWilight like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Huckleberry has put a lot of good thought into this. Very generous offer to help with the organization too. I think a few of us occasionally blend a few pics with videos in a ride report but those could just be lumped in with rest of ride videos.
    I am curious though if the new sections will contain just the "cut and pasted " video and photo imagery and not include nor permit the back and forth banter that currently exists in response to when these things are posted in either of the existing appropriate sections? Sometimes the back and forth contributions of other members provides valuable and/or needed insights to the issue at hand.
    I would imagine that the proposed new sections contents would require a link back to the original thread in order to establish and maintain the desired ease of navigation while not losing content. Perhaps I just don't understand how proposed new system improves what is currently available in "Gallery", "Technical Help", "Trails, Off Road, and Adventure Rides", etc or the "Stickies". Is the goal to have sections without commentary?
    Makes 2 of us Fred.
    TWilight and plumbstraight like this.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Nice work and a tip of the hat to the Administrator. PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE. It's all setup and good to go. And the Technical section was brilliant, thanks. There is no rule you can't post your pic's and videos in more than one location.
    Keep it simple. If all you want to do is post a picture or video and no story to tell post it here. Want to brag, show off and tell a story post it in another section. It's often fun just to blast though video's without having to read all the comments about how cool that is. Just ask YOU TUBE, would you use it if you had to read all the BS to get to the next video

HKLBRY has started posting the help videos. Let us try to limit comments unless they elaborate and assist the benefit of the video...keeps things clean amd usefull otherwise we just get a redundant Technical Help section. That way we can see if new section is popular and might work better than existing Tech Help and Stickies since old fashioned Search logic feature here does not work very well at all.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by HKLBRY View Post
    It will hopefully become a "Video Library" with Instructional Videos, riding videos and other TW 200 related videos, that is why it was suggested. To help people find videos faster for viewing by category. You can still post it elsewhere, but it would be nice if you could also post a copy here.
    HKLBRY & ALL,

Interested in comments of my thoughts.

So I'm doing some thinking on the sharing/making a video library here.

Shortcomings:

1. Finding video's throughout the forum is difficult if not impossible to find all of them, even my own, through the forum search function or google forum specific searches! One needs to know something specific about the video, name, topic etc.

2. I tried uploading a youtube video to the Gallery and it didn't work. Picture's yes, video no.

Questions for a solutions:

1. I could post my youtube channel (single url) in a single post in this thread topic, but a viewer would still have to view the video's to find one to watch. No way of indexing the video's in youtube by type of ride or location.

2. I could list all my video's in a single thread topic, and sort the rides by type/location as separate replies. View's would have to limit their comments or the video post's would get mired in discussions. This is my best solution.

Example: First post-Admiral's Ride Video's with Index of Grouped Video's i.e. Post #2 Winter Rides Idaho-local 2 Video's; Post #3 Owyhee Mtn Rides 7 Video's and so forth. (Updated as new rides are added). Also add link to Ride Report or other location where the video is posted.

Next reply post-Video Winter Rides Idaho-local 2 Video's

Next reply post-Video Owyhee Mtn Rides 7 Video's

Next reply post-Video Danskin Area Rides-(Blacks Creek, Bender Creek, Willow Creek) 4 Video's

3. I could post each type/location in separate single thread topics, but the video's would get separated by other posts.

How does this sound and would anybody care. Doesn't seem like that many forum members watch the video's anyway going by the comments & likes where the video's are all ready posted. Can't use youtube "views" as a barometer of forum views, as the video's are public and could be searched and viewed outside of the forum.
    HKLBRY likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links