{video} I try a wheelie for the first time
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: {video} I try a wheelie for the first time

{video} I try a wheelie for the first time

I get the wheel off the ground the first time and think , well I can do that better next time. so I give it a lil more gas and up goes the wheel and when it slams down... guess what happens next! Spoiler Alert. "I almost cry"
    jeffrolives and tcepilot like this.

It's not really funny, I didn't want to laugh...

Really, I didn't...

I tried not to...

But I did.

Sorry bro.

<Wish he'd stop crashing...the older he get's the lower the fruit hangs. Either I get smashed by the seat or burned on the engine cases. Someone help us! Before he kills us.....

*in my defense, it was only a little laugh.
    Last edited by littletommy; 05-22-2015 at 03:36 PM.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

That's enough.....HAHA .......To funny.....
    Last edited by Werloc; 05-22-2015 at 03:03 PM.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member Rockabillyslapmatt's Avatar
    Sit on the very rear of the bike, push down on the forks, open the gas, and drop the clutch...so much fun!
    zolar and tcepilot like this.

Well the first time you had the "BALLS" to try it. NOW!!!!!!! Not so much.. OMM.
    zolar, TWilight and plumbstraight like this.

Zolar, here's an old trick for you while you're learning to wheelie:
    Never sit on your nuts.

Soon enough, they'll be floating in the bath tub anyway...no need to hurry them along.

"Testicales" indeed!
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Werloc View Post
    That's enough.....HAHA .......To funny.....
    Hey Zolar. Don't take that the wrong way dude. I wasn't laughing "at" you, it's just the way you sounded when you said, "That's enough." And that you said it after 2nd time. Dude, we've all been there, and "That's" what's funny....

Yes, like said above. Since this bike doesn't have enough to power wheelie on it's own. Lean forward, compressing and preloading the forks, gasing it, and dumping the clutch as you sit fast bouncing your butt on back end of seat and pulling up all in one smooth motion. If you find yourself going back to far, don't put your feet down. Keep them on the pegs, applying rear brake with your right foot to slow bike, and stopping it from falling back. You can practice this on the grass somewhere like you were. In time, you'll get a feel for it, and find yourself working between throttle and brake, keeping front wheel in the air and going farther and farther. This is one of the reasons I got rid of my rear Cycle Rack. I like to wheelie once in a while. And it being to wide incase I had to walk of the back of bike..... Once you find that sweet spot, it's fun.

BTW, I noticed your bent brake lever. I'd invest in a pair of handguards if I was you. Since your new to riding, with a daring side, it will save you tons of money in replacing broken levers. I see your climbing hills now, hopping over downed trees, and now, working on wheelies. That's great man. Keep it up. (haha what she said) In the meantime, before you get handguards, loosen the perch clamp screws a little. This way, in half of your falls that bend or break your levers, they will twist on the bars instead of breaking. Make them just tight enough to stay in place while riding, but loose enough to move whith a hit. If you know what I mean.
    Last edited by Werloc; 05-22-2015 at 05:16 PM.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

LOL good stuff, I just got the Brushbrushgu.jpg guards in the mail today, A day late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Werloc View Post
    Hey Zolar. Don't take that the wrong way dude. I wasn't laughing "at" you, it's just the way you sounded when you said, "That's enough." And that you said it after 2nd time. Dude, we've all been there, and "That's" what's funny....

Yes, like said above. Since this bike doesn't have enough to power wheelie on it's own. Lean forward, compressing and preloading the forks, gasing it, and dumping the clutch as you sit fast bouncing your butt on back end of seat and pulling up all in one smooth motion. If you find yourself going back to far, don't put your feet down. Keep them on the pegs, applying rear brake with your right foot to slow bike, and stopping it from falling back. You can practice this on the grass somewhere like you were. In time, you'll get a feel for it, and find yourself working between throttle and brake, keeping front wheel in the air and going farther and farther. This is one of the reasons I got rid of my rear Cycle Rack. I like to wheelie once in a while. And it being to wide incase I had to walk of the back of bike..... Once you find that sweet spot, it's fun.

BTW, I noticed your bent brake lever. I'd invest in a pair of handguards if I was you. Since your new to riding, with a daring side, it will save you tons of money in replacing broken levers. I see your climbing hills now, hopping over downed trees, and now, working on wheelies. That's great man. Keep it up. (haha what she said) In the meantime, before you get handguards, loosen the perch clamp screws a little. This way, in half of your falls that bend or break your levers, they will twist on the bars instead of breaking. Make them just tight enough to stay in place while riding, but loose enough to move whith a hit. If you know what I mean.

Good vid TY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockabillyslapmatt View Post
    Sit on the very rear of the bike, push down on the forks, open the gas, and drop the clutch...so much fun!
    SanDue likes this.

Good advice as usual Werloc.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links