Fail Reel
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Fail Reel

Fail Reel

Been a while since I've posted anything in here. Hope everyone is doin' okay.

I recently took part in my first organized dual sport ride. Most of it was a blast. Lots of slow back roads and gravel, the speed limit was 35-45 for most of it, and I think we maybe saw 5 or 6 cars the entire route. The last off-road section we did tapdanced a little on the limits of my abilities as a rider (I crashed a bunch). I don't know if he posts much here anymore, but Grimmtastic was with me on his TW and helped me out a ton. Anyway, I made a fail reel from the footage. Thought I'd share it here with you folks.

A couple of notes:
    1.) I installed Moose Racing handguards the night before the event. They didn't quite fit correctly, but I thought 'what the hell' as long as they keep my levers from getting busted, no worries. WRONG! Every time I laid it down on the right side, the handguard hit the banjo fitting on the front brake line just hard enough to loosen it and kill my front brakes.
    2.) I doubt any of you remember, but my Jimbo shield suffered a mishap just after I installed it. I left the bike on a 5-gallon bucket to go get the front tire swapped, when I returned, the bike was on the garage floor and the shield was in about 20 pieces. I considered removing it for this DS ride, but I didn't. Well, as many times as I dumped it, the shield and the glue holding it together survived.

We also ran into a crazy lady on the trail who accused us of trespassing and taking her shit and kept trying to get us to come to her house and "talk" to her husband. Jim was incredibly calm through the whole thing. I was terrified. LOL, my wife laughed through the whole video and kept asking "why are you just sitting there???" Haha

Those were both frigging hilarious!!! Your video editing skills far surpass your off-road riding skills my friend! . Great videos!

Remember to NEVER get into a bar fight with a large stranger if you have that buddy with you. You KNOW he is going to bail out on you if he runs from the crazy lady!
    Last edited by JasonTX; 08-21-2015 at 02:02 AM.
    ActionDeath and Purple like this.

"Never get out of the boat" ........
    Moabman likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Good Stuff. Very entertaining! I love the video's!

Heck, instead of Fred Flintstoning it out of the area, you should have just started up and took off. Puts more distance between you and crazy woman way quicker. What's with your buddy ditching you? Left you all alone! I see the red trail markers and it looks like you guys were in the right unless the trail wasn't marked properly. So were you guys on the correct trail?

Anyway, very captivating video's and the grandkids will love watching grandpa's video's in the future! Also, makes for good camp story tales to be told! Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and awesome & appropriate soundtrack in both video's.

P.S. and is that you playing guitar on the other video's? If so, very talented.
    Last edited by admiral; 08-21-2015 at 12:11 PM.
    Dryden-Tdub and ActionDeath like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Loved it, thanks for sharing. Reminds me my time in the mountains of north Georgia.
    At least she didn't say you had a pretty mouth...

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Heck, instead of Fred Flintstoning it out of the area, you should have just started up and took off. Puts more distance between you and crazy woman way quicker. What's with your buddy ditching you? Left you all alone! I see the red trail markers and it looks like you guys were in the right unless the trail wasn't marked properly. So were you guys on the correct trail?
    Haha, he wasn't bailing on me. He told me to follow him, but when I looked out in the direction he went, all I saw was a steep decline and thick woods and I thought I'd better take my chances with crazy lady. All of the fail footage had happened just before this, so I was totally drained and any confidence I had as a woods rider at the beginning of the day was completely destroyed. As for the silent escape, I don't know, I guess I thought if she couldn't hear me, she couldn't chase me or something. I was scared, man. I make no excuses. I can tell you this, once I did start it back up, all I could think about was her or her husband being right on my tail. Then I was even more scared when I saw where the trail lead out to! I thought, "WTF kinda place is this???"

We brought it to the attention of the organizers and it turns out she was the one trespassing. We were totally in the clear. It sounded like there was some kind of family land dispute going on or something.

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    P.S. and is that you playing guitar on the other video's? If so, very talented.
    Yep, that's me. Thanks! I'm not quite as novice a musician/singer as I am a rider.
    Dryden-Tdub, Fred, admiral and 1 others like this.

Those are the best videos I have seen in quite a while! I'ld say you did pretty darn good considering the circumstances. Excellently edited videos, looks like fun trails if one can avoid the occasional crazy lady.
    Too bad these action cameras don't have a read-out on just how steep some of these trails are. It's darn steep and sliperry when the TW slides backwards.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by ActionDeath View Post
    Haha, he wasn't bailing on me. He told me to follow him, but when I looked out in the direction he went, all I saw was a steep decline and thick woods and I thought I'd better take my chances with crazy lady. All of the fail footage had happened just before this, so I was totally drained and any confidence I had as a woods rider at the beginning of the day was completely destroyed. As for the silent escape, I don't know, I guess I thought if she couldn't hear me, she couldn't chase me or something. I was scared, man. I make no excuses. I can tell you this, once I did start it back up, all I could think about was her or her husband being right on my tail. Then I was even more scared when I saw where the trail lead out to! I thought, "WTF kinda place is this???"

We brought it to the attention of the organizers and it turns out she was the one trespassing. We were totally in the clear. It sounded like there was some kind of family land dispute going on or something.

Yep, that's me. Thanks! I'm not quite as novice a musician/singer as I am a rider.

I understand where you're coming from! And when it comes to a land conflict, even when in the right, sometimes the other party doesn't see it that way. I'm kidding here, but next time take your guitar. If the crazy woman comes out again, just start playing. Dueling Banjo's is probably not the right choice, but maybe some Jesus loves us all type song. Crazy woman can't call you a heathen then eh!
    littletommy likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

rbm
    Great videos! Thanks for sharing!

So is this you ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links