Some pics of my TW125 uk
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Some pics of my TW125 uk

Some pics of my TW125 uk

Hi guys, haven't been on in a while. Just thought I'd post some current pics of my bikes IMG_20160225_083832.jpgIMG_20160225_083844.jpg
    IMG_20160211_092400_edit2_edit.jpg
    IMG_20160203_121618_edit.jpg
    Last edited by BlackCatCycles; 02-25-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Not many about in the UK. Plus we can't get the 200 over here without importing. I really don't like them personally.
    I'm pretty sure I'm the only person over here that's obsessed with tws lol
    TWilight and jtomelliott49 like this.

Van Van 200's are import only in the UK - come up from time to time, same as the TW200 - but ........ there's a difference between the two styles of bike.

The Van Van 200 is regarded as a "fun" learner bike - something you'd learn to ride on - maybe take it to the beach for a day - but that's about it. The earlier one's where carb only - the fuel injection is only on more recent models.

The TW200 you already know about - a much more rugged and capable machine - with the "fun factor" intact.

If you took a Van Van 200 out on the trails, you'd (eventually) kill it.

The Van Van is at best a "beach bike" - the TW is a trail bike ........
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Suzuki are now selling the 200 Van Van in the UK as far as I know (though with a 5 speed gearbox)

EICMA 2016: Suzuki give the VanVan a boost for 2016 | Bike Social

I had a 125 Van Van the other year but prefer the TW200.

Went out riding with my TW and a friend on his Van Van 125 the other week and the Van Van was OK actually, but it doesn't quite have the clearance and he had no sump guard either.

DSCN9348.JPG

As you say Purple the TW is more Trail.

Cheers
    Potski
    "Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing" - Barry Sheen

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    We see idiots taking elephants (BMW R1200GS) down rocky trails all the time, whereas the Van Van 200 would be better suited for that trail than the R12GS.
    Yep, the little bikes make the trails easy that's for sure.

Cheers
    Potski
    "Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing" - Barry Sheen

"The current 125cc, four-stroke model launched in 2003 and is available as part of the current range at £3199.

The VanVan 200 will be available in three colour options: Metallic Triton Blue, Metallic Mat Fibroin Grey or Solid Black."

But as of yet - nope .......

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Given that the TW200 and the Van Van 200 use the same tires (OEM) and are designed to be ridden same places,
    I take your point - same tire sizes - but different make - Dunlop K180's to be precise - same pattern as the "Death Wing" - 'cept now you have one on the back as well as the front.

"designed to be ridden same places" - I doubt that even Suzuki would agree with that - but again, with the right preparation, all things are possible.

I'll remember to get a tow hitch if we ever ride together ..........

- Hidden Content

Take a look at this link:

https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/motorcyc...an/vanvan-200/

I agree with you, Purple, it is more beach oriented that the TW200, but that is easily changed with a new set of tires.

It already has a factory installed oil cooler....is fuel injected....199cc...and comes with a 3 year warranty.

Click on the Gallery link, on the left, and look at the close up pictures.
    Yep - and did they mention the cat in that humongous exhaust that kills the thing stone dead ?

Do you really think you'll need an oil cooler on that that thing over here ? - or is that just a gimmick for warmer climates ?

I'll be the first to admit that see I the Van Van as the softer weaker option - nice seat - that just about sums it up.

Mike – for less than £4k I can arrange to have delivered to the IOM a UK registered TW225 such as this one: ?? ??? TW225 YAMAHA TW225?7824a?

7824-12.jpg

Basic parts are readily interchangeable with the TW125 (which we are over-run with) – and TW225 specific “consumable” parts are available from Yamaha TW 225 E (5VC1/2) (Japanese Market) 02-06 Parts at Wemoto - The UK's No.1 On-Line Motorcycle Parts Retailer

Plus, you will have access to Mackbig’s advice, knowledge and parts supply – so fear not – your six is covered should you choose to take this route.

This isn’t like America, where you are stuck with the TW200 like it or not – this is a “free country” – where you can have anything you like.

My importers are more than up to the task (as I will post about next week) – so you have more options than you’d think.

As for fuel injection – then yes, the Van Van has its advantages, – though just how much of an advantage that’s going to be on an Island with “limited elevation” remains to be seen.

As for the 3 year guarantee, the things are so soft tuned you couldn't blow one of the things up (under normal circumstances) if you wanted to. But equally - would you hesitate to buy a 3 year old TW that had been properly looked after ?

"Better the Devil you know" - at least the TW has horns (OK so maybe that was a bad analogy - but you know what I mean) ........

- Hidden Content

I wonder if the arrival of the 200 Van Van will prompt Yamaha to bring the 200 TW to Europe?

Cheers
    Potski
    TWilight, Purple and jtomelliott49 like this.

check out that the tw225 has a kick starter.

7824-11.jpg
    TWilight, jtomelliott49 and Potski like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links