NO spark on 94 TW
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Purple

Thread: NO spark on 94 TW

NO spark on 94 TW

I was visiting my Dad in Fl last summer and while I was there, I asked to take the old TW home with me, to my surprise he said take it. The bike had not been started for at least six months and was only run a few times over the last few yrs. Anyway I brought it home, it started up on the 3rd kick (starter doesn't work), it was rusted, throttle tube and cable was bad, clutch cable was bad, so I decided to strip the bike down, I cleaned and painted it and replaced the parts mentioned above. I then put it back together, and now NO SPARK.
    I am not to familiar with the electrical system, but would like to learn. I bought a new battery and spark plug wire with coil, still no spark.
    I checked the kickstand safety switch and the kill switch, both seam fine, not sure what to check next, any ideas would be helpful,

thanks
    snevin

Check the earth points - if you've recently re-painted it these can get covered over .....
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Ok, I checked the one located on the frame under the exhaust, I was hopeful b/c it had been painted, I filed the paint off anyway but it seems to be grounded to the frame, I have continuity from the screw where the wire leaves the case and various places on the frame including the negative terminal of the battery. are there any other places to check for this? Also I accidentally put this thread here but there is another one, the same as this in the general discussion tab that has more back and fourth information, if you would like to jump off this one and on the other.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

*boing*
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Sponosred Links