• 2 Post By Tirebiter
  • 2 Post By Dryden-Tdub
  • 2 Post By longroof
  • 1 Post By longroof
  • 1 Post By longroof
  • 1 Post By Dryden-Tdub

Thread: Meetup with Longroof in Tennessee over March Break 2016

Meetup with Longroof in Tennessee over March Break 2016

Last week, on an annual family trip to Crossville TN, I had the opportunity to meet-up with Longroof from the TW200 Forum.
    What a great story teller! I first read his account of a trip 'out east' to Halifax, Nova Scotia, Cape Breton and the Cabot Trail. It's called, DesTination: My Epic Ride on a Yamaha TW200.
    A very enjoyable read which can be found here: https://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-o...-longroof.html, and here: http://acorbinsayswhat.blogspot.ca/2...on-yamaha.html.
    Had a great time; three hours passed all too quickly, but look forward to the next time. Photos to be attached; patience please - first post in forum; hope all goes well...
    Cheers!
    Run'dover

Photos show: Longroof in his busy garage, the story teller in-action, Run'dover astride Longroof's ride: a highly modified TW complete with Craig Vetter bags(!), swapping stories over a side-hack'd Stella, and testing the very loud horns of Longroof's TW!

Longroof in busy garage IMG_5127.jpgLongroof stories IMG_5135.jpgRun'dover astride Longroof's ride IMG_5128.jpgSwapping stories over a Stella IMG_5151.jpgTW200 with very loud horns! IMG_5130.jpg
    Last edited by run'dover; 03-19-2016 at 04:26 PM.

It's always nice to hear when forum members meet up and swap tall tales, especially when they live 1200 miles apart, in different countries. It looks like Longroof has some interesting stuff and you did a good job posting pictures for a first timer. Thanks.

Longroof was the very first forum member I had the privilege of actually meeting! I met him during his epic ride of 2014 and actually got to ride a few miles with him when he came through my area. Very nice guy who I wish I could have spent much more time with. I know I will see him again some day and hope to make the moment last a little longer. Nice first picture post.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Run'dover

Glad you stopped by! My brother Randy, Debbie and I had a great visit with you too. Always enjoy discussing travel on two wheels. Got the 2005 Pontiac Aztek going (red vehicle in first photo). Put 180+ miles on it today driving to Knoxville. Upcoming bicycle (the green bicycle in one of your photos) tour in southwestern Ohio week of April 25. Then another tour in Texas week of May 8. I'll need the Aztek to get to these destinations.

Still planning on retirement May 6. Lots of motorized two wheel (and three) travel planned beginning in June. Another wine tour on the Natchez Trace with the scooter and a V Star trip out west and British Columbia and?
    DSC01683-001.JPG
    Glad your home safe and looking forward to next years visit...if not sooner.

Dryden-Tdub...Hello!

Tirebiter...your avatar...dual sporting on a cruiser. I like that.
    Dryden-Tdub and Gerry like this.

DSC00541.JPG
    dual sporting with my V Star
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.

DSC00109.JPG
    Touring on Traveler, the Mighty TW200...Lake Erie seen from Ontario, Canada May, 2010
    littletommy likes this.

That's quite the top box and bag set up... who is the manufacturer of those?

Quote Originally Posted by longroof View Post
    DSC00109.JPG
    Touring on Traveler, the Mighty TW200...Lake Erie seen from Ontario, Canada May, 2010
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Vetter. They are off my 1981 Kawasaki KZ1300. kept them when i sold the bike in 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by longroof View Post
    Run'dover

Glad you stopped by! My brother Randy, Debbie and I had a great visit with you too. Always enjoy discussing travel on two wheels. Got the 2005 Pontiac Aztek going (red vehicle in first photo). Put 180+ miles on it today driving to Knoxville. Upcoming bicycle (the green bicycle in one of your photos) tour in southwestern Ohio week of April 25. Then another tour in Texas week of May 8. I'll need the Aztek to get to these destinations.

Still planning on retirement May 6. Lots of motorized two wheel (and three) travel planned beginning in June. Another wine tour on the Natchez Trace with the scooter and a V Star trip out west and British Columbia and?
    DSC01683-001.JPG
    Glad your home safe and looking forward to next years visit...if not sooner.

Dryden-Tdub...Hello!

Tirebiter...your avatar...dual sporting on a cruiser. I like that.
    Hello! How ya been? I seldom see you on here, is there another forum you frequent? You know, if wine is your thing, we have a winery or two around here somewhere

Tom
    littletommy likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Dryden...just really busy. Not on any other forums. Secretary quit us last year and the boss and i are taking up the slack. Because of this I've moved up my retirement date three times. Now June 24...up from April 15 then May 6. Till then I'm working two weeks on then two weeks off...repeat, etc.
    Last edited by longroof; 03-29-2016 at 01:10 PM.

Sponosred Links