Riding in Northern (lower peninsula) Michigan
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Riding in Northern (lower peninsula) Michigan

Riding in Northern (lower peninsula) Michigan

Had a fun day in the woods on March 18, 2016. Was cold out - mid 30's, with lots of slush and soft sand. Was a challenge for me - still learning to ride. Hope you enjoy the video as much as I enjoyed the ride. Music: Government Mule. Song: "Mule". First time loading a video, so hoping this works! If it is slow loading, watch it in 480p.
    Last edited by Gsmith2030; 03-21-2016 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith2030 View Post
    Had a fun day in the woods on March 18, 2016. Was cold out - mid 30's, with lots of slush and soft sand. Was a challenge for me - still learning to ride. Hope you enjoy the video as much as I enjoyed the ride. Music: Government Mule. Song: "Mule". First time loading a video, so hoping this works! If it is slow loading, watch it in 480p.
    I used to love on Long Lake, just a bit North of there. Tons of great riding all around that area. Cool video, thanks for posting!

Nice! I ride that area a lot. I live about 7 miles from Fife Lake from April thru Nov.

Last year I crashed pretty hard on a road like you were riding. I hit a big trench across the road made by some logging equipment. The bike stopped and I didn't. I wish I'd have had my GoPro on. My 67 year old bones held up but I still laid there in the sand for a while taking inventory.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I used to ride all those trails from Lake DuBonnet (Interlochen), to Baldwin, Fife Lake south... Didn't recognize that bridge or swamp area. Where is that at, what loop?

Great video. I enjoyed the ride.

Good ride...thanks for the video we should try to get a spring ride with a group together some great trails here in Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by asphalt View Post
    we should try to get a spring ride with a group together some great trails here in Michigan.
    Let me know if you decide to get a ride together. Depending on my recovery from knee surgery, I'd be game.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Jay Dub

Current rides:
    '01 TW200 bone stock
    '06 Honda CRF230F lighted & plated.(KISS where less is more)
    '01 BMW R1100RL with Russell "Day Long" saddle, Aeroflow screen, heated grips, throttle lock, modulating headlight & tail light.

Previous rides:
    '87 BMW K100LT, '03 Honda XR650L, '95 Honda XLR250R "Baja," '71 BMW R60/5, '81 Honda CM400C "Custom," '82 Honda ATC 185S, '79 CR125 Elsinore, '79 KE175,
    various others I don't remember the models

Nice ride! Glad you were able to get out in the cold. I was in MI this past weekend; kzoo area. Really wished I could've been on my TW, as it looked like there was a lot of great riding to be had! Are there a lot of trails and loops in the area, or were you riding on private land?

Amanda:

Here is a link to an index of all the Michigan DNR maintained/administrated ORV trials. There are more than this and many are interconnected.

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...ar_creek_trail

Many are ORV but a lot are just single track (motorcycle only).

As you can see at the top there are quite few in Lake, Grand Traverse, Wexford, Roscommon, hell the whole northern half of the Lower Peninsula. A very cool day drip is the one you see at the far left half way up, Silver Lake Sand dunes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=silv...w=1366&bih=673

I used to live about two miles from there.
    Last edited by Devils Advocate; 03-22-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amanduh View Post
    I was in MI this past weekend; kzoo area. Really wished I could've been on my TW, as it looked like there was a lot of great riding to be had! Are there a lot of trails and loops in the area, or were you riding on private land?
    The Great Lakes Dual Sport club has made maps and they share them. 3500 miles of single track, 2 tracks, forest roads, and gravel roads connected all in one state but on both sides of the big Mac bridge. Their electronic maps are free or you can buy printed maps. GLDS Expedition Michigan | Great Lakes Dual Sporters

Where were you around Kalamazoo? I live near Kalamazoo just north of Plainwell. If you come up this way I can take you to what's around here (mostly over in Barry County) but there is a lot more as you go north of here a little over an hour away.
    Jay Dub

Current rides:
    '01 TW200 bone stock
    '06 Honda CRF230F lighted & plated.(KISS where less is more)
    '01 BMW R1100RL with Russell "Day Long" saddle, Aeroflow screen, heated grips, throttle lock, modulating headlight & tail light.

Previous rides:
    '87 BMW K100LT, '03 Honda XR650L, '95 Honda XLR250R "Baja," '71 BMW R60/5, '81 Honda CM400C "Custom," '82 Honda ATC 185S, '79 CR125 Elsinore, '79 KE175,
    various others I don't remember the models

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links