Diaper Trails - Oops, I crapped my pants!
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Diaper Trails - Oops, I crapped my pants!

Diaper Trails - Oops, I crapped my pants!

Post some of your pictures or videos of some gnarly singletrack or 2 track trails where you almost crapped your pants (or maybe you did)! If you would, post a little narrative of the situation and outcome!

I will start.

Daggett Creek Trail, Boise Idaho

After riding through a rocky creek trail for a couple miles, the trail climbed up out of the creek drainage. I didn't make it! The grade was too steep in this deep rut. If I would'a had my handsaw or my shovel I would have bushwhacked or dug my way around . You can see I tried to go up on the left of the ruts but my stock tire just spun in the loose dirt. If I had made it past this point I was home free to ride the rest of the trail. In the end, I retreated and headed back the way I came.

There was a go around, but it too was a no go! The rut was just too deep & narrow for the TW

And the diaper moment.

After retreating, I tried a different steep trail but caught my leg on the tip of a downed pine tree. Well, you can see the result of that try. I finally gave up all hope and rode the same way out I came in on.

Mrs. Admiral pre-TW days on the ATV. Coming down a jeep trail in the foothills above the Weiser Sand Dunes. Not only was it steep, but a nice rut was thrown in for the good measure. I had to help steady the ATV so she could turn the wheels and steady her down past this nastiness. Once past here we enjoyed the rest of the day riding around.

Kind of looks like a 4-wheel saddle bronc rider!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

You sure seem to pick 'em .....
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Ouch...that's a pretty bruise. Since I've gotten older I've noticed I bruise a lot easier.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

No pain...No gain!
    I admire your courage to take on something challenging!

Ain't nothin like Admiral's ruts but I occasionally have my moments. Here the I tip over harmlessly enough turning around after Duro fails to cross a churned silt buried rut. No diaper moment, just apprehension as I'm going over about possible injury.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

No apprehension here, just embarrassment. I try to tell myself we all have our "oops" moments but this was just inexcusably sloppy. I've strafed these single track switchbacks dozens of times with never a problem. This day I had the stock rear tire with street gearing and it just wasn't the same coming out of turn four. Complacency caught up with me.
    Mel, ejfranz, littletommy and 7 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

I wish I had pics of my "OH SH*T" moments from Jomama's puddle scuddle, they would have been good ones, ask SanDue!

The only oop's pick I have from that ride is of Fred! BTW, he was just sitting on his bike...
    008 Woops Fred.JPG
    I know I'll have to pay for this... m.

Mike sure caught me falling over just leaning on poor ol' suffering Betty Boop. I tend to do that. I did get a nifty badge from mhomadness and some scabs as souvineers of the Joemama's last Group Ride.
    Here is a pucker factor of mind over matter the other year near headwaters of Stanislaus River, California. Camped a mile away I wandered here initially too late in the day to try this section so returned the next morning fortified with fresh brewed coffee, a full day's provisions and gave it a go. The first fifteen feet or so ofsteep and smooth is no problem, it is the turns and lumpy bits that cause fear of a low speed hi-side. Camera doesn't show but this whole mess is hung on a prestty respectable slope with maybe 30 ft vertical between where I dropped in and end of boulder field at video's end.
    Last edited by Fred; 11-19-2016 at 09:54 AM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

A lot of rides have some technical moments when deviating from the trail is certainly not recommended. I want to ride, not drag mis-behaving machinery back uphill...am getting too old for that.
    Need a young pup like Adam-in-Nevada in the following video. Notice how his almost stock TW nimbly handles a pretty steep trail with a couple good challenges. Trail has no recent tracks to guide him and he has never been on that trail before. Not bad. These bikes with their low center of gravity and gyroscopic meaty tires can go lots of places if you get 'em going and keep 'em going with a reasonable amount of momentum. Takes a quick eye and sense of commitment, but that is half the fun of motorcycling anyways, right?

Adam is the only guy I know able to dent his Ricochet skid plate. Lord knows I've tried with mine...somewhere have a clip of me repeatedly trying to wheelie over a trail-blocking boulder only to have the tire slip and smash bash plate on the granite again and again.

Note: When I first pioneered this trail years ago on a borrowed Honda Reflex ( a street legal trials bike ) I had some pucker factor crossing from one side of drainage to the other. Had doubts too first time I tried it on the TW.
    Last edited by Fred; 11-19-2016 at 09:26 AM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

fred,
    i swear you're part mt goat.... some of the trails you call home turf have pucker factor at 11+.

always enjoy your videos and appreciate the effort to get them posted.
    ride on!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links