I crashed my TW! (Video)
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: I crashed my TW! (Video)

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar

I crashed my TW! (Video)

I crashed my bike! Well, it was a long time ago. This was part of my post-Moab 2016 trip in Utah. I wasn't able to edit and post this video during the trip, so it was forgotten...until today. I start out on hole-in-the-rock road after visiting Devil's Garden, then run Cottonwood Canyon Road near Kodachrome Basin State Park. Grosvenor Arch is a fantastic attraction here, and the canyon road is spectacular. I wipe out while heading back north to Kodachrome. For the full write-up, pics, etc. see it on my blog: https://leisuretimelarry.wordpress.c...y/travel/utah/

- Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

I say we blame that one on the SUV forcing you off-line and cross grain to the ruts.
    Wonder if driver ever saw the difficulty you had?
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Good to hear from you Larry!
    Glad you were OK and able to self-extricate from under rack & TW.
    I've had the misfortune to do a half roll before the bike lands on me thus pinning me face down.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

It's so interesting you posting this video. Earlier this morning I was doing some route recon of Moab and saw this video in the "suggested video's to watch". I didn't pay attention to the publish date but of course, I was attracted to the title!

Anyway, I'm glad you came out of te incident relatively unscathed. Interesting to note, just a short time before you had mentioned something about the ruts and then you found some rougher ones. Hope Christmas and winter has been treating you as well as can be. Don't know about you, but I've got the TW DT's!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Geez...glad you rode away OK after the crash. Unbelievable the people in the SUV didn't even check if you were alright.

That is a beautiful area you were riding.....we rode through there in April 2015....

Rockit, Fred, Dryden-Tdub and 4 others like this.

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

Your crash gave me flashbacks of my first crash unfortunately when my ankle was trapped it broke. As I watched you collecting yourself after the crash I remembered how nerves I felt. Glad to see you weren't hurt.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

I can't believe the folks in the vehicle didn't notice you went down.... although some people may not look in their rearview.

Larry, I know I am going to sound like a mom but here goes.... you should always have a riding partner in remote areas like that, what if ..... okay that's it, you know all the what-ifs and, you are a grown man so you can do as you like.

But seriously.....shout out to the forum and take a riding partner to share all that beautiful scenery and add a little peace of mind in case something ever happens that you would need help.
    Currently enjoying a great mix...
    2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100, 2013 Yamaha TW-200 & 2014 Yamaha V-Star 950 TourerHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I say we blame that one on the SUV forcing you off-line and cross grain to the ruts.
    Wonder if driver ever saw the difficulty you had?
    Thanks, Fred. I was hating them for a few days, but it was just circumstance. That's why I'm like, "Of all the places!" in the video, because about anywhere but that corner which had the nasty ruts, it would probably not have happened. Hooray for good gear!
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Good to hear from you Larry!
    Glad you were OK and able to self-extricate from under rack & TW.
    I've had the misfortune to do a half roll before the bike lands on me thus pinning me face down.
    I can't let Fred post all of the videos on here, can I?!

Oh man, that would suck being pinned face down. Maybe add some extra drama to the story with "there was a big puddle!". Ha-ha.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    It's so interesting you posting this video. Earlier this morning I was doing some route recon of Moab and saw this video in the "suggested video's to watch". I didn't pay attention to the publish date but of course, I was attracted to the title!

Anyway, I'm glad you came out of te incident relatively unscathed. Interesting to note, just a short time before you had mentioned something about the ruts and then you found some rougher ones. Hope Christmas and winter has been treating you as well as can be. Don't know about you, but I've got the TW DT's!
    Cool! Thanks for watchin'. Yeah, it was not a big deal. My gear kept me from injury. I'm glad you caught the rut reference, I left it in the edit since I found it ironic as well.

Yeah, going through the old footage has gotten me all hot and bothered to go ride in Utah again... let alone ride at all!
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links