The XM2 TWSkimobile200 Sea Trails
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree200Likes

Thread: The XM2 TWSkimobile200 Sea Trails

The XM2 TWSkimobile200 Sea Trails

1st try at riding the TW with a snowmobile ski attached to the front tire.

My experiment is to see if it's feasible to travel with the ski and have the ability to take it on and off while out riding.

Got 10-14 inches of new snow. 14" set a Boise record for the day. I haven't seen it snow this much here in 22 plus years. This is on top of the foot or so of snow we already had on the ground.

Trying to steer was like trying to pry a spawning Salmon out of a Grizzle Bears paws.

Maybe steering is better going faster.

On a positive note, tire chains on the rear tire worked really good!

Here's some threads which has some good front and rear chain ideas. I tried front chains but they didn't work well for me. Maybe they will for you.

https://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-o...nowmobile.html

https://tw200forum.com/forum/general-...need-snow.html

https://tw200forum.com/forum/test-for...t-cheaper.html

https://tw200forum.com/forum/general-...ep-snow-3.html

https://tw200forum.com/forum/general-...r-round-3.html
    Last edited by admiral; 10-30-2017 at 11:37 AM.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Mrgizmo had the original XM1-TWSkimobile200! Give credit when credit is due! Thanks for the idea Gerry.

Last edited by admiral; 01-05-2017 at 10:52 AM.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

O' goody, I've been anxiously waiting for this report!! I figured it would be a bit challenging. Hopefully, Lori was on standby if needed. Can you spin some donuts for us to watch?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Mighty impressive Sir!
    Admiral's video's surely are the best!
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Mighty impressive Sir!
    Admiral's video's surely are the best!
    Best videos, not so much. Silly sometimes for sure. I thoroughly enjoy yours and the area's you cover as well as Wa. Larry's for his narration. Narration adds a lot and typical of my videos, this ski video is nearly done without any useful comments. If I had, maybe the comments would have added some value. I will say riding in the snow is fun...when you have too! I'd much prefer a good trail out in the desert or mountains.

We love both of your video contributions around here. They are always great!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Very cool. Was wondering why night time, but guess you need something to do. Nice looking snow.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweaker View Post
    Very cool. Was wondering why night time, but guess you need something to do. Nice looking snow.
    It's dark out by the time I get home from work this time of year! Besides, riding at night one can think I'm riding through a forest when in fact there ain't many trees around other than what we planted!

Nifty setup You seemed quite cautious testing it out. Do you feel like it's something you would recommend and enjoy riding on long adventures?
    Last edited by TopPredator; 01-05-2017 at 05:04 PM.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by TopPredator View Post
    Nifty setup You seemed quite cautious testing it out. Do you feel like it's something you would recommend and enjoy and riding on long adventures?
    Too early for a positive recommend. The steering was quite difficult and I don't know if it's something I would have to get used to or not. Next time out I'll pick up the speed and see how the steering is. Could be I'm used to motorcycling steering and this is how it would feel or could be an inherent problem of strapping on a ski to a tire. Mrgizmo tried a ski out but I can't remember his thoughts.

As hard as it was to steer, I will have to say the ski did not want to wash out sideways like the tire would have. I could plod straight ahead pretty easy. Turns are the problem. ...and draging it across the cement floor of the shop. For some reason the ski doesn't want to slide on the floor very easy. lol
    Last edited by admiral; 01-05-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links