I got a bright idea to ride to the mailbox
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: I got a bright idea to ride to the mailbox

I got a bright idea to ride to the mailbox

With the recent rain & melting snow now frozen over, my driveway has turned into an ice rink. So I got the bright idea to ride the TW to the mailbox.

What could go wrong?

Parts of the road are frozen and look like standing water. This could be a sign!

Bright idea #2 - The Christmas Trail. To avoid slipping on the ice, I'll just hop over the bank and ride our Christmas time bypass route!

The sun is setting and I take in the view as I sit during one of my frequent breaks to catch my breath!

make the decision not to repeat riding "The Christmas Trail". I'll zip back home on the road.

Is it me or did it get darker on my ride back. Yeah, I ride really slow the rest of the way home.

'till next time, back on 2 wheels!
    Last edited by admiral; 10-30-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Fun video to watch Admiral, had a feeling that their was going to be an "incident" somewhere in it before it was over. Gave me a good laugh and smile on an otherwise boring day here at work
    2007 Yamaha XT225
    2003 Yamaha Banshee 350
    2003 Polaris Sportsman 500
    1985 Honda 350X
    1969 Honda CT90

Admiral, I found with that frozen sugar snow if you can get the bike into second gear it will lift the same way as if you are riding on the sand dunes.
    I am assuming you had the Ceros tire on the back. If it is a stock tire, then there is not enough tread to lift you. The duro works great in it.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Looked like a soft landing. I did something like that last year after a lot of snow, then a partial melt and then went when there was new snow on top. I went about 3 blocks, 6 in total with the trip back and it took everything I had to not dump the bike on the ice. I got stuck numerous times, had to have my feet both out like outriggers and was sweating buckets by the time I wrestled it home into the garage!! This year? Forget it!!
    Last edited by littletommy; 01-14-2017 at 09:45 AM.
    mudbug, Lomax, ejfranz and 5 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Looked like a soft landing. I did something like that last year after a lot of snow, then a partial melt and then went when there was new snow on top. I went about 3 blocks in total and it took everything I had to not dump the bike on the ice. I got stuck numerous times, had to have my feet both out like outriggers and was sweating buckets by the time I wrestled it home into the garage!! This year? Forget it!!
    now that's a video i'd like to see.....
    Hidden Content not my circus - not my monkeys Hidden Content

Admiral that is a fine-looking part of the U.S. you're living in...beautiful country!

We are getting too old to ride in the snow

... and i have high school students that have never seen the snow.

wanna send some?
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Admiral - I like the "quick trip" mentality. I hope you have better roads for your four wheeled transportation.
    You can't see it if you're not out there living it!

'94 Rainbow Warrior - not so rainbow any more - Clarke XT350 tank, Lizrdbrth's seat mod, Beer Trap Pegs, Ricochet skid plate and more.

Going through withdrawals, sold my other two TW's, down to one....Uhggghhh! Hidden Content

Do you all see the kind of trouble The Admiral gets into when he's at home alone??? Giggle.
    mudbug, Lomax, grewen and 10 others like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links