Sweetwater Group Ride Pictures and Videos
Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree422Likes

Thread: Sweetwater Group Ride Pictures and Videos

Sweetwater Group Ride Pictures and Videos

Post ‘em here!
    Here are some of the further adventures of the intrepid band of merry misfits high in the Sweetwater Mountains.

Here is a brief video of some of us riding through 9,000 ft Desert Creek and up to the 11,300 ft. turn down to a stone miner’s cabin. Somewhat steep, loose, off camber and with technical switchbacks the ride seemed harder due to the rarefied elevation. Well worth it though even if approaching storm did chase us away with the ping-ping-ping of hail on our helmets and the boom of none-to-distant thunder. I wanted to explore more but knew the time window to descend was quickly closing. Any further delay would have had us sitting out the storm in the cabin. This time the rain lasted several hours until sunset.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Very cool! Nice work all.
    littletommy and admiral like this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Beautiful scenery. When I saw the stream crossing, I expected Joeband to come roaring up for the big splash.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

MEET THE TWEAKER.
    A few of us had the chance to meet Tweaker and his wife Dirtluvr who came all the way from San Diego. Here are a few clips of me chasing him on some of the medium smooth roads. Saturday and Sunday rains made for great soil conditions.

They are another cute couple who enjoy exploring together on their TWs. Really nice folks who are extremely fun to visit with off the bikes.

Must admit after so many days rubber necking the interesting scenery my helmeted neck was really getting sore.
    Donzo Tweaker and I had just finished racing up the old Carson Fremont route to Walker. Think of a fifth gear forty foot graded road through smooth weathered granite, or sand, or gravel as road climbs and twists. So after that Monday morning ride Tweaker and I weren’t ready to hang it up and romped up to the antennae farm’s peak again while Donzo returned to camp.
    Thus this was our last ride in the Sweetwaters, but sure was a good one.
    Last edited by Fred; 08-08-2017 at 11:42 PM.
    ejfranz, Rider21, Joemama and 16 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Thanks Fred for organizing the group camp out and ride in the mountains near Bridgeport. I really enjoyed getting to know the guys around a blazing lantern campfire and a delicious dinner(thanks Dwight) under a almost rainproof canopy. I also got to experience a "Fred Easy Ride" which included rock climbing and swimming in a brisk mountain stream. My favorite ride was Sunday though where I got to lead the group back to camp. What a confidence booster. I can't wait till the next adventure.

I wanted to do a “Meet The Tweakers” plural video with some clips featuring Dirtluvr leading us all back to camp Sunday at a brisk pace but she was always too far ahead!
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Even though I stayed a day longer than half the group, I still hate leaving early when there's still riding to be had. Looked fun.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

So who wants to return for more? New Member Donzo has the right idea about proposing another group ride, possibly an annual gathering since there is so much mixed riding regionally available. Gotta admit the scenery can be breathtaking. sweetwatermtns.JPG
    If bananachunks and Boarder255 could ride their motorcycles all the way from the Bay Area then certainly other NorCal Nutjobs could be lured over the Sierras. Dirluvr, Tweaker and Admiral all drove about 500 miles so no excuses will be entertained about distances involved.
    littletommy, admiral, evan and 9 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Yep! All that see the pics and videos will regret not going.

The videos sure answered my question about how well the TW's ran at altitude. It didn't seem to bother them at all.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Here Friday’s early arrivals went for a quick tune-up ride to get our feet wet. Seemed to work.

The cattle sure have nice views out there and their healthy diet had them dropping super sized plateau pizzas throughout my intended group camp site terribly befouling things. Fortunately I found an adjacent more pristine wooded area to move to. I think we ended up with a nice camp it didn’t have the stellar views. “No Campfires” regulations kept us from having a relaxing fire even though we brought wood to an area choked with many a cord of downed dry branch wood.
    Fortunately Rider21 basically catered us with all sorts of treats, a shower, emergency lodging, roadside bike repair and many entertaining stories. Another great forum member for sure!
    admiral, littletommy, Mel and 8 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links