Close

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By Tinybear
  • 3 Post By Peterb
  • 1 Post By grewen
  • 1 Post By Miaugi

Thread: Truly Tasted the DARKSIDE

Truly Tasted the DARKSIDE

This past weekend I went up north with friends to some of my favorite trails (ridden these trails at least a half dozen times). But this time rather than bringing my TW200 like I always do I decided the wife’s ATV needed a good run (has not been really ridden since our daughter was born).

Now I have ridden ATVs before on short hops or just to try em. But never did much distance or anything remotely difficult on one. I always found them a bit boring and always was happy to get back on the TW.

But this weekend I truly saw the charm of this little 4 wheeled machine. It was still some what boring and I STILL prefer my TW BUT..... After 4-5 hours out there bombing down the trail and playing in the rock crawling sections and even splashing threw some mud, I realized I was still comfy I was still ready for more and I was still laughing and being amazed at what this thing could climb. It’s comfy and SUPER EASY to operate, which on short rides translates to being boring and uninspiring but spend enuff time out there and it turned out to become this super compliant comfy machine that allowed me to find fun all day long.

So all in all I have a completely new found respect for said darkside and will likely get out on that ATV more often (with the wife’s blessing). That being said it will NEVER replace the TW as I still find I prefer the bike for pure fun and I’m pretty sure I could get my TW most places I’d be willing to get the ATV too. Besides it just feels like so much more of an accomplishment conquering the next hill climb or water crossing when done on two wheels.

But alas here is the weekends videos.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...1f6FAQwljPHOMp

Had a good group out 4 Jeeps and 2 ATVS.
    2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT

2010 Yamaha TW200

2016 Polaris Sportsman 450 HO

2005 Yamaha Bruin 350 4x4

Mike whats next? a hovercraft so you don't feel the bumps? how about a hot air balloon for a better view? get back on the TW and ride that thing till you hurt!
    grewen, littletommy and scotti158 like this.

sorry, but I go with your first statement....a bit boring
    littletommy likes this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Life is full of things to play on and after having a Sportsman 850 with power steering for 3 years I have moved back to two wheels but yes I did have lots of fun on that machine.....so thanks for the memories!
    littletommy likes this.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

Sponosred Links