2017 by FNG
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: 2017 by FNG

2017 by FNG

Thanks for the recent Add!

Quick back story-

I have been riding MC's since before driving a car, like many of you. Everything from Crotch Rockets to HD's over the years. I sold my last dirt bike, a Suzuki DR 350 bored out to 385, back a few years ago when my son decided he wanted to stop riding dirt bikes. Pressure from the then wife resulted in my selling the DR, after which my son decided he wanted to get back into riding. Ahhh, got to love kids! (Now he rides a YZ250 and sends it on the 90 foot step up at Shell Reef in Ocotillo Wells!)

Fast forward to the present, I bought one of these to give to my daughter for Christmas:
    Honda TRX250EX.jpg

Because I didn't want to chase her around the desert in my Jeep, I decided I needed a dirt bike, quad or enduro. Ever since owning the DR, I have wanted a street-legal dirt bike to explore the less traveled places. After doing a little research, I became intrigued by the TW 200 as it seemed to fit both my wants pretty well. So, last Thursday, on the way to lunch with some friends, I made the mistake of driving by one of the local MC dealers that had a TW on their lot. I never did make it to lunch, but I did come home with this:

TDub Driveway.jpg

Here I am standing beside my trusty new steed:

TDub Bullpen.jpg

Sorry about the bad pic, from my buddies phone camera.

Anyway, I really like riding the TDub, and have learned quite a bit from the forum already. Put the larger pegs on as the first mod. What was Yamaha thinking. I had a chance to walk by a Yamaha PW50 yesterday, and I believe they used the same pegs on both!

I look forward to learning more from the forum and hopefully meeting up for some rides in the future. I am located in the San Diego area.

Thanks and Ride Safe

Mike

Welcome to the forum!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Commandog View Post
    Thanks for the recent Add!

Quick back story-

I have been riding MC's since before driving a car, like many of you. Everything from Crotch Rockets to HD's over the years. I sold my last dirt bike, a Suzuki DR 350 bored out to 385, back a few years ago when my son decided he wanted to stop riding dirt bikes. Pressure from the then wife resulted in my selling the DR, after which my son decided he wanted to get back into riding. Ahhh, got to love kids! (Now he rides a YZ250 and sends it on the 90 foot step up at Shell Reef in Ocotillo Wells!)

Fast forward to the present, I bought one of these to give to my daughter for Christmas:
    Honda TRX250EX.jpg

Because I didn't want to chase her around the desert in my Jeep, I decided I needed a dirt bike, quad or enduro. Ever since owning the DR, I have wanted a street-legal dirt bike to explore the less traveled places. After doing a little research, I became intrigued by the TW 200 as it seemed to fit both my wants pretty well. So, last Thursday, on the way to lunch with some friends, I made the mistake of driving by one of the local MC dealers that had a TW on their lot. I never did make it to lunch, but I did come home with this:

TDub Driveway.jpg

Here I am standing beside my trusty new steed:

TDub Bullpen.jpg

Sorry about the bad pic, from my buddies phone camera.

Anyway, I really like riding the TDub, and have learned quite a bit from the forum already. Put the larger pegs on as the first mod. What was Yamaha thinking. I had a chance to walk by a Yamaha PW50 yesterday, and I believe they used the same pegs on both!

I look forward to learning more from the forum and hopefully meeting up for some rides in the future. I am located in the San Diego area.

Thanks and Ride Safe

Mike
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Welcome! That Quad has the makings for a Merry Christmas. Lucky daughter. Good call on both. Cheers
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum, Mike!

You'll hear it from others, but plan on getting a real skid plate, replacing the front tire, making sure that your clutch return spring is properly installed, get hand guards, etc. We love helping new members spend their money!

Any questions, just ask,

Brian

No matter how old we are, we're still kids at heart. Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your TW.
    Mine looked like this at one time for a couple weeks. The look didn't last long.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Welcome to the group and Congrats on the new ride from Ontario.

I'm curious what the black cylinder is mounted on the frame just above the exhaust pipe? At first I thought it might be an aftermarket coil but seems too large for that so maybe a pre-oiler for the valves/cam? Do tell??
    PlacerLode and admiral like this.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

California emissions charcoal canister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miaugi View Post
    Welcome to the group and Congrats on the new ride from Ontario.

I'm curious what the black cylinder is mounted on the frame just above the exhaust pipe? At first I thought it might be an aftermarket coil but seems too large for that so maybe a pre-oiler for the valves/cam? Do tell??
    PlacerLode, admiral and Miaugi like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Nice! Buying the quad for the daughter is going to give you both some very nice memories of time spent together having fun. I used to quad with my kids often when they were living at home.....They are both coming back for 7-10 days for Christmas (coming home this Friday) and they have requested some time out in the woods. I have the Dub and 2 quads so we will be out there playing like years ago :-)

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    California emissions charcoal canister.
    Thank you LT for the update......and now I know!
    PlacerLode and littletommy like this.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

Thanks!
    PlacerLode likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links