The New (To Me!) Bike
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: The New (To Me!) Bike

The New (To Me!) Bike

After posting in the What'd you get for Christmas, thought maybe I'd post the bike here as it is progressed.

I-Dub 1st 006.JPG

This as I purchased the TW200, been looking for the past three months or so and came close a week early on a 2006 with 4100 miles for $2,400, said I'd take it over the phone hooked up the trailer and call the guy before I left home and "Sorry I sold it!, I said butt we had a deal.........". Then there is one in Troy Michigan on Craigslist; 2006 with just under 300 miles for $2,900, again CL, my emails came back a little on the rude side, the price maybe a little high but I like simple in my dealing and that did not seem like what that owner was inviting me to do, I think the bike is still on CL's Detroit Metro. Michigan site.

Buttttt! I was watching a nice 2011 in South Bend, IN again on CL, asking $2,500 I think but I called and she was gone! Buttt then this one showed on that same evening for $2,500 a 2013 with 520 miles, I called (The bike was there for less than 4 hours) the guy bought her new and was willing to work out a deal, I told him I'd be there in the morning (277 miles away), hooked up my trailer and on the road a 4am heading for the farm lands of Indiana. As always I like to look at bikes and for that all vehiciles cold! There sat the bike running!, I asked for cold but I guess it was his bike. That upset me a little and I wanted to know why he started the bike, thought the battery might be a little low! Butt (Lots of Butt) he told me on the phone he just took it for a ride before putting it up for sale, something wrong with the words I was hearing,
    admiral, grewen, Elvesus and 4 others like this.

And???....feels like a cliff hanger
    PlacerLode, littletommy and Ken like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

I-Dub 1st 005.JPGI-Dub 1st 008.JPGI-Dub 1st 002.JPG

I had just drove 277 miles and now I'm questioning in my mind this deal! I'm down on my knees looking at every bolt to see what this bike had done to it, you know what I'm thinking!, there's not a mark on a screw, bolt, tire, skid pan, single light! none not a mark, butt there it was a mark on the Headlight Bezel! He had loaded the bike to haul from old home to new home and he had strapped across the plastic, this all started because he started the bike!

Really the bike was better than I expected, but some off for the battery and the headlight bezel I got to keep some Benjamin's. It's hard to believe you can purchase these great bikes with low miles for two grand, butt (there it is again) riding a bike 520 miles in 5 years may be a sin that I could not understand either!
    Elvesus, littletommy and Ken like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    And???....feels like a cliff hanger

I'm a little slow, day after the new year & gotta break for family and all!
    Elvesus, littletommy and Ken like this.

Good thing about looking for a single brand and model bike is I also was looking at the mods I had to have to make it feel like mine. Test drove the bike for six miles it all seems to be a great bike, Loaded it, strapped her, paid, got the class A title and down the road 277 miles to home.

I started looking at the add on mods and started placing orders; I'm a bit frugal so I'm not added much to the bike, but in Michigan where we're close to 10,000 miles of trails and this I'm planning on being my last bike I want to upgrade a little,

Here they are; Cycle Racks Front and Back, Concept Seat Kit and Wide Standing/foot pegs (both from Fred here on the site), new Gel style battery, a new hitch motorcycle rack & 2" bar risers.

Spending New Years Eve morning in the garage with the radio turned up and the heat going to take the -5 chill off the bike was coming apart quickly to accept the simple mods.

I-Dub 1st 011.JPGI-Dub 1st 009.JPGI-Dub 1st 012.JPGI-Dub 1st 015.JPGI-Dub 1st 017.JPGI-Dub 1st 016.JPG
    Elvesus, grewen and Ken like this.

In just a little over four hours the bike looked a lot better/tougher if you really can make it look tough!

I-Dub 1st 018.JPGI-Dub 1st 019.JPGI-Dub 1st 020.JPGI-Dub 1st 021.JPGI-Dub 1st 022.JPGI-Dub 1st 023.JPG

I added my battery tender connection, the new battery was a little harder ti install as the battery post were recessed I had tp put a wad of paper towel under the bolt to bring it up so I could start the screw, some rubbing was found on the factory placement of the + wire, taped and tied all new and old wires.

Looks like a nice find! Congrats and Happy New Year!
    littletommy, PlacerLode and Ken like this.
    John in Nanaimo

2013 TW200 - with Shinko 241 front tire, Rox 2" anti-vibe risers, Polisport Touquet handguards, homemade wind deflector, Manracks utility rack

Moral of this story is folks are still giving TW's away in the Great Lakes area lol
    littletommy and Ken like this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

"I started looking at the add on mods and started placing orders; I'm a bit frugal so I'm not added much to the bike, but in Michigan where we're close to 10,000 miles of trails and this I'm planning on being my last bike I want to upgrade a little,"

nice looking bike! you say your a bit frugal, well it has only just begun!! i speak from experience, when your new little bitch wants something, you're going to jump
    PlacerLode, Ken, Tweaker and 3 others like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    "I started looking at the add on mods and started placing orders; I'm a bit frugal so I'm not added much to the bike, but in Michigan where we're close to 10,000 miles of trails and this I'm planning on being my last bike I want to upgrade a little,"

nice looking bike! you say your a bit frugal, well it has only just begun!! i speak from experience, when your new little bitch wants something, you're going to jump
    lol so true buying the TW is just the down payment!
    Ken, Tweaker, grewen and 1 others like this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links