Trail Woman test video
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Trail Woman test video

Trail Woman test video

Hey just testing out my first valve adjustment, Rox risers, and SJ4000 cam. I'll be riding harder in future videos.
    Last edited by Trail Woman; 05-27-2018 at 05:42 AM.

I saw "SJ4000 Cam" in the video description and thought "High Performance camshaft". Did a Google search, camera. I'm a little smarter now.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

I'll have to edit that to be more specific. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Ken likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Very Nice.
    Couldn't decide if I like the twisty trail or the twisty music more.
    It's a Toss-Up.cat capt Druey Parks.jpg
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Totally Awesome! Love it!

Those are some pretty sweet trail you have there. I'm jealous....

So you're a rebel. I wasn't seeing a lot of riding gear. I generally don't wear gear on casual trails except for gloves. (Delicate hands).. LOL
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

Nice! Looks like moose country....
    Trail Woman and Ken like this.

Cool trail looks like a lot of fun. Definitely singletrackers type of trail.
    Trail Woman and Ken like this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    Totally Awesome! Love it!

Those are some pretty sweet trail you have there. I'm jealous....

So you're a rebel. I wasn't seeing a lot of riding gear. I generally don't wear gear on casual trails except for gloves. (Delicate hands).. LOL
    Thanks. Glad you enjoyed a peak of some of the trail network here. Single track is my favorite riding as it keeps you alert and reactive. Highway driving is not for me. If you could see it from above it would look like a scoop of spaghetti noodles sprawling across the plate.

I should wear gloves more as I have a callous on my left thumb. I just can't justify spending the money to buy proper gear. This was relatively tame riding for me. Much more difficult then it looks on cam but it's so close to home I drive it a lot. Plus I feel like if I can't bend my ankle, I might sprain my knee..as an example. I do wear a helmet most of the time and I should really stop doing wheelies without one on...lol. But I usually dress somewhat appropriate according to how I plan to ride...I do go cruising the forestry roads in shorts and a tank top but I usually don't take risks when I'm not prepared for them.

Now that's you have a camera we are in for some great video. I'm sure of it !

Up until recently I never wore gear but I'm trying to do it more when riding with others, it always seems to become competitive. In fact tomorrow will be a full adv gear over motorcross gear day, this whole gear thing is breaking the bank lately though. Riding with the singe track guys I just met requires gear. They don't seem to want to do less than the fastest possible on any given trail, it's only a matter of time till I get a bigger head than my body can pull off trying to keep with them. So far they can't lose me though They truly are fast, all ride 400 cc plus, most 650's but they ride them like they're riding 250's. Here's the kicker, they are all generally 50 years old plus and smoke the young ins most days. Ex-moto cross riders the lot of them. I haven't had this much fun in years. Every time I ride with them it's like going to motocross school. Well anyway you should have gear because you never know when you're going to need it. I rode the first few times with them in jeans and a t-shirt. It was stupid and dangerous, but... you know how it is. End of day heaving gear ready to throw on (when needed and justified) makes all the difference. Having it handy turns into actually wearing it.
    Trail Woman, Fred, Ken and 2 others like this.
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    Now that's you have a camera we are in for some great video. I'm sure of it !

Up until recently I never wore gear but I'm trying to do it more when riding with others, it always seems to become competitive. In fact tomorrow will be a full adv gear over motorcross gear day, this whole gear thing is breaking the bank lately though. Riding with the singe track guys I just met requires gear. They don't seem to want to do less than the fastest possible on any given trail, it's only a matter of time till I get a bigger head than my body can pull off trying to keep with them. So far they can't lose me though They truly are fast, all ride 400 cc plus, most 650's but they ride them like they're riding 250's. Here's the kicker, they are all generally 50 years old plus and smoke the young ins most days. Ex-moto cross riders the lot of them. I haven't had this much fun in years. Every time I ride with them it's like going to motocross school. Well anyway you should have gear because you never know when you're going to need it. I rode the first few times with them in jeans and a t-shirt. It was stupid and dangerous, but... you know how it is. End of day heaving gear ready to throw on (when needed and justified) makes all the difference. Having it handy turns into actually wearing it.
    I started off treating my new TW like I wanted her to look all purdy on the road but since she's purely off road now I've been getting better at riding rough terrain. Slow first and getting fast later. Sometimes I slow right down to a crawl and which helps to build control for when I feel up to going really fast. It helps if you're familiar with the trails you're in too. Over 2500km off road and I only dropped my bike about 5 times. Once from the stock front tire on gravel, once picking up my sunglasses and once with a hard rubber 244 front tire on frost..etc. Just stupid beginner mistakes. I imagine motocrossers laughing at the TW but follow me through the swamp over technical terrain and see who's laughing then. I've had to keep up with 250s and I know it takes some effort to push a TW like that but I've done pretty good myself. They don't get too far ahead on the open dirt but they tend to have trouble in the technical trails. I bet it takes a lot more skill to run a motocross bike though my trails. The TW is made for this.

I will surely be taking my protection more seriously in the future. One thing that's kept me from biting off more then I could chew is not wanting to spend money replacing broken bike parts, and not being able to afford time off for injury. But as my skills improve enough that my swollen ego begins to impair my risk assessment, I will surely be better prepared.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links