People hate my YouTube Video's
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: People hate my YouTube Video's

People hate my YouTube Video's

Very misleading title . While reading and replying to a 2017 Moab Video someone commented on, I happen to notice I got a dislike for this video. So, I then went and looked at all my video's posted thus far, 262 video's I think (didn't have enough fingers and toe's to use in my count so I might be off). 4 of the 262 video's got a single dislike. I've never noticed this until today and I'm extremely heart broke and am ready to cry a river of tears as SanDue would say (not really).

I know some of the common issues with video's, too long, music included, music not included, shaky, don't like my humor etc. but without someone actually stating what they didn't like about the video(s) I won't know what was disliked.

While I've improved my video's over the years, they will never be anything but amateur, unpolished attempts at showing some interesting or funny (hopefully both) places we TW riders visit and ride.

Here are my 4 cry me a river of tears boohoo hated (disliked) video's:Muttley (163x160).jpg

TW200 Season Opener 7th Inning Sinker Creek II. 842 views, 15 likes, 1 dislike

Moab 17 The Thrill of Victory & Agony of Defeat TW200. 1062 views, 17 likes, 1 dislike

16 Huntington/Halfway, OR-Brownlee Res/Sturgill Mtn. ID. 148, views, 1 like, 1 dislike

TW200 Late Fall Ride West of Owyhee Reservoir 11/15. 106 views, 0 likes, 1 dislike

jtstdub, Mel, SanDue and 7 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Dislikers are likely just jealous.
    I like all your videos, which have gotten better over time with entertaining editorial additions like comments, music, sound effects,etc.
    Bottom line: Admiral's videos rock!

I have several hundred TW200 videos on Youtube but have never even looked at their like/dislike numbers. I post for the folks here, the heck with the rest of the world.
    Last edited by Fred; 09-28-2018 at 09:10 AM.
    admiral, Mel, SanDue and 6 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Amen

Probably from a beaver who rides a KTM - great vids Kris

Fred - you either need to get smaller feet, or ride with them on the handle bars - never knew a man who so consistently suffers damage in that area. It's always your feet or the foot rest assembly

For my part, I'm just going to make sure my insurance policy for Moab includes chopper evac - that second vid above was a bit "real" .......
    admiral, SanDue and bad luck like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Dislikers are likely just jealous.
    I like all your videos, which have gotten better over time with entertaining editorial additions like comments, music, sound effects,etc.
    Bottom line: Admiral's videos rock!

I have over 400 TW200 videos on Youtube but have never even looked at their like/dislike numbers. I post for the folks here, the heck with the rest of the world.

I actually hadn't ever looked before replying to a comment this morning and the dislike caught my eye. Can't please everyone!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Purple; you won't need chopper ins. The guys can try out this new technique on you if you get injured. They'll stick you in a "mummy" sleeping bag wrapped in chain link and tow you out with a six foot cable. Red Neck Travois!
    Purple, admiral and SanDue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Amen

Probably from a beaver who rides a KTM - great vids Kris

Fred - you either need to get smaller feet, or ride with them on the handle bars - never knew a man who so consistently suffers damage in that area. It's always your feet or the foot rest assembly

For my part, I'm just going to make sure my insurance policy for Moab includes chopper evac - that second vid above was a bit "real" .......
    These trails portrayed here were fairly challenging. ejfranz and Jeff rode Rusty Nail up on the Gold Bar Rim, Golden Spike, Poison Spider trail day. I'm not saying they'd wouldn't go back but it was really tough...from what they said. The rest of us had a hard enough time on the remainder of Gold Bar Rim which had the lovely "waterfall" section, which we walked/handed our TW's down from the top.

...and there are harder more dangerous trails we, or at least I, won't try. If there is anything you can practice for in Moab is riding in sand. Almost every single trail has sand at some point. Even the "easy" ride out to Chicken Corners has some sand but not much. There are however, a lot of roads that can be ridden which are very scenic which don't contain sand. It's just easier for you or anyone if you have some sand riding experience. Most of the sand is pretty compact but it doesn't feel that way to the "sand newcomer" where any bit of looseness is unnerving.
    Purple, SanDue, FishByte and 1 others like this.

It’s foot deep, dry, loose sand that bugs me – I can handle a squiggle, but if the bike starts to go (literally) sideways every 5ft, it’d be quicker to get off and walk beside it - I know the suggestion is to lower tire pressure

The sand in those videos above is “manageable” however (except for KTM’S)

I’ve noticed in other Moab vids in particular, short stretches of the deeper stuff – but it can’t be worse than what we have over here - I’ll manage ……
    admiral and Tweaker like this.

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    It’s foot deep, dry, loose sand that bugs me – I can handle a squiggle, but if the bike starts to go (literally) sideways every 5ft, it’d be quicker to get off and walk beside it - I know the suggestion is to lower tire pressure

The sand in those videos above is “manageable” however (except for KTM’S)

I’ve noticed in other Moab vids in particular, short stretches of the deeper stuff – but it can’t be worse than what we have over here - I’ll manage ……
    haha, yup 'cept for KTM's.

It's not deep sand at all 'cept for the places that are.

Honesly, of the roads and trails I've ridden that I know people who don't like sand riding are Hidden Canyon, Bartlett Wash Road, Trails in Bartlett Basin, a couple northern sections of the 3D trail just to the east of the northern end of Bartlett Wash road. There was a couple sections on Poison Spider Loop that are deep but very short.

Even though this was our lunch spot and we "dug in" our rear tires, the fact that a TW could dig a trench in the sand shows this area is not friendly to uncomfortable sand riders. As it happens, Stig, ejfranz and myself are ok with it and had a blast. Same with nearby Hidden Canyon but the sand conditions can change. 1st Moab I rode into the canyon and was uncomfortable in the loose sand. No one else in the group followed and Mrs. Admiral on her ATV chased me down so I could turn around and rejoin the group. We didn't ride back into the canyon. In 2017 the trail sand was much firmer though you could find the knee deep sand if you wanted.

Even though Stig fell here and it was hard to get going as seen in the video, the rest of us on TW's didn't have any problem. A little loose yes but had good traction and we motored on out. Folks with less less of a comfort level in sand would see this as a wall though. It really isn't. Off the trail like Stig got it was not packed down like the main tracks were.
    SanDue, Purple, ejfranz and 1 others like this.

I'll bring some snow shoes .....
    admiral, Mel, SanDue and 2 others like this.

- Hidden Content

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Are you sure you want people to comment, Admiral? If you read some of the ones on my videos... I'm a joke and a hack that doesn't know anything about how to ride a dirt bike. Among other comments that are meaner. Talk about crying myself to sleep.

p.s. I uploaded a new video today showing and talking about the gear I wear when I ride. If anyone is interested, my page link is in my signature.
    Last edited by Leisure Time Larry; 09-27-2018 at 06:26 PM.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links