• 1 Post By ejfranz
  • 1 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By Donzo
  • 1 Post By M C Toyer
  • 1 Post By admiral
  • 1 Post By joeband

Thread: Riding Down the Wash - Owyhee Front

Winter Doldrums I - Riding Down the Wash - Owyhee Front

Winter doldrums have set in. Putting together a few videos from 2018. 90% of the footage hasn't been used before. This trail is in one of the more interesting washes on the Owyhee Front. I was riding my XT200 and forum member ejfranz from Canada was riding his DT200 2-stroke Dual Sport. The DT is a nice old bike which I don't believe was imported into the U.S. Clips are a little longer so you can see more of what the trails are like rather than 5-second snippets shown from a bunch of different trails. We did ride some trails on the TW's but on this trip we rode primarily the "Alternate 200's". It's still a lot of fun no matter what you're riding.

Last edited by admiral; 12-26-2018 at 09:23 AM.
    SanDue, Ken, ejfranz and 4 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

That was a great ride. I was waiting for those endless miles of whoops you so love - not.
    Looking forward to our next ride.
    admiral likes this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

The wash looked a lot more fun and popular than the roads. Sometimes heading downstream the water gets deeper and deeper as other side streams feed in more water creating increased challenges. Be fun to hit the wash after more significant rain or run-off.
    admiral likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Fun lookin and wet trail. Makes me want to go riding now! But with a house full of family I'm not getting out there fer awhile...
    admiral likes this.

Admiral - Curious about the water source. Is the pudllng from previous rains, snow melt. or are there springs at the headwaters?
    admiral likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ejfranz View Post
    That was a great ride. I was waiting for those endless miles of whoops you so love - not.
    Looking forward to our next ride.
    I have other fun video's in the hopper. One is called the "Bobsled Run" and another I'm just finishing up named "Waterpocalypse".

The whoops sucked for sure.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    The wash looked a lot more fun and popular than the roads. Sometimes heading downstream the water gets deeper and deeper as other side streams feed in more water creating increased challenges. Be fun to hit the wash after more significant rain or run-off.
    Riding some of the washes on the Owyhee Front, Moab and San Rafael Swell, I beginning to like washes a lot. Ride out here with ejfranz would have been right up your alley, or should I say wash!

Quote Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
    Fun lookin and wet trail. Makes me want to go riding now! But with a house full of family I'm not getting out there fer awhile...
    ...and if you thought this was wet, wait for one of my upcoming video's...Waterpocalypse.
    Fred likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by M C Toyer View Post
    Admiral - Curious about the water source. Is the pudllng from previous rains, snow melt. or are there springs at the headwaters?
    I think the water comes and goes. This trickle of water I believe is from springs.

traffic jam in idaho!

forecast: clear, cold and sunny w/ a chance of muddy trails! great riding weather!

happily awaiting the return of DAS Boot der Kapitan!
    admiral likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links