• 2 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By admiral
  • 1 Post By Donzo
  • 2 Post By old w/??
  • 1 Post By admiral
  • 2 Post By ejfranz

Thread: Trail S200 - Owyhee Front

Winter Doldrums II - Trail S200 - Owyhee Front

Again, longer video than normal so you can see the full effect.

Ride up trail S200 towards Tiddie Springs on the Owyhee Front with my son. I was riding a TW200 (Purple Bee) and he was on his KTM450 EXC. This is a good warm-up trail and if it's a cold day, you won't stay cold for long. Lot's of neat scenery riding up and down through the canyons.

Last edited by admiral; 12-26-2018 at 09:22 AM.
    Fred, jtstdub, ejfranz and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Good looking ride chasing your son. Vigorous health and KTM suspensions are wasted on the young though, Pops should have been entitled to the plusher ride in the rocky zones.
    admiral and Allanb like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Good looking ride chasing your son. Vigorous health and KTM suspensions are wasted on the young though, Pops should have been entitled to the plusher ride in the rocky zones.
    True, I should feel more entitled to his KTM, especially since I had stored it at my place so long before he came and got it.
    Allanb likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Again, longer video than normal so you can see the full effect.

Ride up trail S200 towards Tiddie Springs on the Owyhee Front with my son. I was riding a TW200 (Purple Bee) and he was on his KTM450 EXC. This is a good warm-up trail and if it's a cold day, you won't stay cold for long. Lot's of neat scenery riding up and down through the canyons.

You had me at "Tiddie Springs"...... Just kidding ;-) looks like a great outing!
    admiral likes this.

Kris; you need to remind your son. When you come out of the tough section; he needs to give you your minute of rest (like he has had while waiting for you) before he takes off again.
    In your case it is the suspension; but a lot of the time it is a newer or less experienced rider that finally gets out of a tough section (or even on street rides). They think "great, a rest stop" - but as soon as they pull up; everyone leaves again. And that person who needs a break; never gets one so they end up being more likely to crash.

I just started this to tease you. But then decided to elaborate so that others who have not thought of this may give their less experienced companions a break so they don't push beyond their limits.
    Sthrnromr and admiral like this.

Quote Originally Posted by old w/?? View Post
    Kris; you need to remind your son. When you come out of the tough section; he needs to give you your minute of rest (like he has had while waiting for you) before he takes off again.
    In your case it is the suspension; but a lot of the time it is a newer or less experienced rider that finally gets out of a tough section (or even on street rides). They think "great, a rest stop" - but as soon as they pull up; everyone leaves again. And that person who needs a break; never gets one so they end up being more likely to crash.

I just started this to tease you. But then decided to elaborate so that others who have not thought of this may give their less experienced companions a break so they don't push beyond their limits.

Typically, he did let me rest when I caught up. ...but there was a couple of times I cursed him out for leaving me tipped over or stalled in the water. I have a clip of me catching up to him at a rest stop that is in the works. I think I was mad when I said all them words but they weren't directed at him as much as just my frustration at myself for riding poorly.
    ejfranz likes this.

Kris, when I rode the Loose Screw with Clayton (160 KM of FSRs and single track) I was getting tired near the end (30 + celsius) and caught the bars on some bushes and ended up in the bushes with the WR250r on top of me. I just lied there blowing the horn until Clayton came back and extracted the bike from on top of me - I could have gotten out by myself, but that just seemed like too much work at the time. You just need to have your son stay within horn distance.
    Fred and admiral like this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Sponosred Links