Winter Doldrums VII - Moab Slickrock Single Track - The Practice Loop
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Winter Doldrums VII - Moab Slickrock Single Track - The Practice Loop

Winter Doldrums VII - Moab Slickrock Single Track - The Practice Loop

Practicing on the Slickrock Single Track Practice Loop in Moab, Utah.

Disclaimer: The Winter Doldrum series of videos are much longer than I normally post but it's winter and what else are you gonna do so you might as well think of them as short story movies. Want a quicker fix, speed up the video...you have options. 75% of the video footage has not been seen before.
    Last edited by admiral; 01-15-2019 at 07:12 AM.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Thanks for sharing. One day I'd love to try that however it's a little out of my travel range so this just may never happen for me. On another note it would seem someone or a group of people put a lot of work into marking the path to follow for the practice run.....kudos to those involved!
    admiral likes this.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

Quote Originally Posted by Miaugi View Post
    Thanks for sharing. One day I'd love to try that however it's a little out of my travel range so this just may never happen for me. On another note it would seem someone or a group of people put a lot of work into marking the path to follow for the practice run.....kudos to those involved!
    I think most of the Moab trails were marked and kept up one way or another by the Jeep groups and similar groups encouraging riders/vehicles to stay on the trail and do less damage to the surrounding ground. There are even trails marked with paint for Mountain Bicycle Riders as well. This trail is shared by hikers, bicycle riders and 2 wheel motor vehicles (no Jeeps, SxS's, ATV's etc.).

There is hope for you one day to ride the trails...Purple from England is coming to Moab this year. I don't think he's riding any of his TW's across the water though haha. I actually have a TW he bought last spring he's going to use. Thanks for watching.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Great video that captures the fun of chasing those little white worms all over. Without them as a guide one could get into trouble out there. However following the painted guides makes things safe, just a leap of faith at times at times when one can't see what is beyond the next turn. The marked single track Slickrock Trails provide a fairly unique riding experience not readily found elsewhere.
    Will likely be quite warmer this April/May than the cloudy cool 2017 day of this video. No one went down but wearing abrasion resistant outer wear seems a smart move.
    admiral likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Thanks Kris, makes me miss summer even more! how is your winter riding in the new countryside?
    admiral likes this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    Thanks Kris, makes me miss summer even more! how is your winter riding in the new countryside?
    I miss summer too, really I do! I'm on the mend from an operation so gotta take it easy for a few weeks. Nothing serious just can't do anything but walk the dog until early February. I do plan on getting some maintenance started/accomplished on the bikes during the downtime. I will tell you it's hard fighting the urge to want to ride. Still got a foot of snow out there. Last week down in Boise it got to 50 F. My tempo meter said above freezing but nothing thawed from what I can tell gee dang-it!
    Mel and grewen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    I miss summer too, really I do! I'm on the mend from an operation so gotta take it easy for a few weeks. Nothing serious just can't do anything but walk the dog until early February. I do plan on getting some maintenance started/accomplished on the bikes during the downtime. I will tell you it's hard fighting the urge to want to ride. Still got a foot of snow out there. Last week down in Boise it got to 50 F. My tempo meter said above freezing but nothing thawed from what I can tell gee dang-it!
    i know! i have to keep my bikes covered up or i start drooling when i walk pass them
    admiral likes this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Thanks for posting the video. It gets me excited about Moab. The last, and only, time I was there was as a highschool senior almost 20 years ago and I pedalled Slickrock on a mtn bike. It sure will be nice to trade my spandex for plastic armor and pedals for gas-power.

I hope you recovery goes well and you're back to riding soon. You didn't provide your surgeon with a hammer did you?
    admiral likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    No one went down but wearing abrasion resistant outer wear seems a smart move.
    Fred; In Kris' edited video, no one went down. I remember falling many a time. And afterward people saying crap, if this is just the practice area; what are we getting into when we do the real stuff.
    Later, I read it is called "the practice area" not because it is less difficult - but because it was closest to the parking area; so if you crashed and damaged your bike; or found out you were in over your head: it was closer and thus easier to get you and your bike out!
    admiral likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mountain yawp View Post
    Thanks for posting the video. It gets me excited about Moab. The last, and only, time I was there was as a highschool senior almost 20 years ago and I pedalled Slickrock on a mtn bike. It sure will be nice to trade my spandex for plastic armor and pedals for gas-power.

I hope you recovery goes well and you're back to riding soon. You didn't provide your surgeon with a hammer did you?
    Getting someone excited to go or to go back to Moab is why I'm posting some of these videos with a lot of extra footage. Kind of a virtual recon for those that haven't been.

I don't think spandex was invented when I went to high school...or mountain bikes. Motorcycles, however, were invented.

No hammers were used in repairing of the Admiral...that I'm aware of. I was out!
    Mrs. Admiral likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links