TerraCrossing the Line
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: TerraCrossing the Line

TerraCrossing the Line

Have a few hundred miles on the TerraCross 26x8x14 ATV tire now and am getting comfortable with its off road performance. Here is a quick video from yesterday slow churning through a bit of snow, ice and sand along the California/ Nevada state line. Great traction but I eventually got stuck.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

your dogs are in great shape fred.
    admiral likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

That looked fun and dangerous at the same time.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Dogs are in better shape than me but we all slept well that night.
    I was safe until I stepped off the bike and walked into a branch, now I have a bloody forehead.
    admiral, Tweaker and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

While the daily freeze/thaw made for ice in the 4-wheeler tracks it was molded in adequately textured shapes of the treads for acceptable traction. Still spooky crunching my way downhill. Climbing out of the old wheel tracks to get on undisturbed snow wasn't an easy option...think snowy slot car. track.slot car.jpeg
    Tweaker likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

200 mi comparison to the old "best" atv tire?

Hey Fred! Did you mount that tire on the stock rim? If so, how difficult was it? How do you like it compared to the other atv tires you've tried?
    Beauty is as beauty does.
    If it works good, it's beautiful.

Mounted on a stock rim by Reno Motorsports on a stock rim I after I sealed spokes for to go tubeless.
    Tire bead was belt sanded first for more clearance since ATV rims are larger than 14" TW rim. I seated bead at home over a three day period with heat, lots of lube, inflate/deflate several times 30 to 50 psi.
    Someone recently said their tire shop did the whole installation of a TerraCross without issue but I was cautious after watching a YouTube where they destroyed two of these tires before success on a third.
    I like the TerraCross better than the Duro so far due to the far more rounded profile. Tracks straight in narrow knobby ruts rather than darting from rut margin to rut margin. Playful handling compared to Duro, one can lean over and give gas or brake to slide rear around a bit on firmer surfaces. Traction in loose sand and snow of varying consistencies so far is really impressive.
    I put about 7,000 mostly off-road miles on the Duro as well as many twisty long road rides like over Sierra passes like Tioga , Sonora, Ebbetts, Luther and Carson Passes. Never a problem on pavement. Have chased other TWs with Bighorn and Cerros ATV tires as well as test riding TW-Brian's new Duro2 around on pavement. All are likely very good options but I think the way the TerraCross can mimic some of the feel of a narrow enduro bike experience makes it the winner for me.
    Rider21, are your knees healed enough for a test ride? We missed a few fun group rides together last year
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Thanks Fred. What method did you use to seal the spokes? Knees are ok and my foot is good after surgery so I'm ready to go.
    Beauty is as beauty does.
    If it works good, it's beautiful.

Dwight, maybe we should go ride near the Burlington Ridge ORV area again like we did with Boarder255 the other Spring.
    Ride to the old mining town of Washington along the Yuba river then downstream to North Bloomfield and maybe Malakov Diggings. Nice and warm down there in the gold country, no snow. Might even be able to lure a coastal fog eater or two to join us, those Nor-Cal nutjobs must be getting cabin fever by now.
    Just need to finish putting Betty back together, have spent too much time riding with the pack rather than wrenching.
    admiral and joeband like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links