TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Grtz from Belgium

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  guzzio 
#1 ·
Hey guys.
So, short introduction. Had a few Japanese bikes (Yamaha XJ400, Honda NSR, Honda MTX, Yamaha RD, Suzuki DR 650, ...) one BMW R100RT and 4 Moto Guzzi's (Moto Guzzi T3 naked, California T3, V50 Nato, Quota 1150). But then it was time for kids. 8 years without motorcycles. And last week, i scored this little brave Yamaha.

Did an oil change, new oil filter, new spark plug en cleaned the air filter. Well ... this thing is so much fun to drive. :grin:

Not that plenty of power, but it's such a joy the take corners.

But the original tires don't give me confidence. Not sticky on the road. :(

Any suggestions? Dunlop or Bridgestone are the only 2 brands who make tires for the Yamaha TW. So .... i am not planning to drove it off road, so i am looking for a on road tire.

Next to do: new chain and sprockets.

Thanks for any tips.

Grtz from Belgium.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey, Grtz...welcome aboard our Forum!

That TW is really a good looking bike...I love blackies!
125 or 200?

What kind of riding do you do?
I'm sure you will good tire recommendations here...

#11 ·
Hello,
welcome on the forum TW200,
I am Belgian too, it is said (officially) that the TW200 were not imported into Belgium.
I have among my TW, a 200 bought used ...
I do not know how it arrived imported in Belgium ...? ..!
The 125 is not very powerful, but it is enough for the walks on our roads
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Enduro

The 125 engine supports the change in 165/200/225 / ETC ... It takes just a few $$$$ for the purchase of the engine parts...
Good road

#6 ·
welcome to the forum, great looking bike! could be an official bike for our SF Giants!

these funny bikes are an odd love, and do corner amazingly well. that is the stock front tyre, not the most confidence inspiring, new rubber will make a huge difference.

do you work for discovery channel?

#7 ·
Welcome from New York Grtz.
Love the color of that fuel tank, very cool.
Ride safe and happy.

Reactions: jtomelliott49
#8 ·
Thanks guys. This is a very 'alive' and friendly forum. Not used to that here in Belgium.
And no, i don't work for Discovery Channel, but i do love outdoors trips and vacations. My daily driver is a Nissan Navara pick-up. For me, my wife, two kids and a dog, it is by far a very practical vehicle. Had a Land Rover Defender, but that was a hate / love affair.

#9 ·
Welcome from the frozen high desert of northern Nevada. That really is a sharp looking critter you got there. Should make your commutes and road rides fun and real conversation starters. Folks do love a TW. Especially a dapper looking goat like yours. It's not that Belgians are unfriendly, it's the blood diamonds smuggled up their rear ends, just makes em a bit irritable. Just kidding. Beautiful country.

Reactions: jtomelliott49
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.