Not a good day for the Tdub. I think she’s sick.
Close

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By
  • 1 Post By Ski Pro 3
  • 1 Post By Trail Woman
  • 2 Post By Diesel
  • 2 Post By admiral

Thread: Not a good day for the Tdub. I think she’s sick.

Senior Member Till Death Dual Us Sport™'s Avatar

Not a good day for the Tdub. I think she’s sick.

Sthrnromr, elBuro and ejfranz like this.
    Till Death Dual Us Sport YouTube Channel
    Hidden Content
    Stickers Available Through Link Below!

Maybe check float level. I've had trouble on other bikes when it's set too low; bike starves and dies when pointing up or downhill. Check your fuel filter and the one inside the tank too. May be fuel starving there too. And don't forget to check your tank breather. If the tank isn't taking in air as fuel is used, it will starve the carb sometimes.

Nice video and some of those tight sections looked like a lot of FUN!
    jtstdub likes this.
    The bear slayer!

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Pro 3 View Post
    Maybe check float level. I've had trouble on other bikes when it's set too low; bike starves and dies when pointing up or downhill. Check your fuel filter and the one inside the tank too. May be fuel starving there too. And don't forget to check your tank breather. If the tank isn't taking in air as fuel is used, it will starve the carb sometimes.

Nice video and some of those tight sections looked like a lot of FUN!
    Thanks for the checklist! The bike has never had an external fuel filter 3,800 miles and the carb has never been cleaned…the bike has always ran perfect until I looped it.

Thanks for watching!
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I've had similar issues with the choke being left slightly on or a pinch in my fuel line. The later I thought was a short in my spark plug wire. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

If it was running fine before your crash maybe a wire got pinched and it's randomly shorting out causing the bike to die. That's where I would look first. Start your bike and wiggle all the wires to see if you can get it to shut off. It looks like you got your dash situation figured out? Looks great. Those trails look awesome! The logging roads in my area are still covered in snow and ice. Someday I hope to make a trip down there with my TW.

Found this on a old thread. Never would have thought of this to narrow down the problem:

"I use an inductive timing light connected to a battery tender plug to check for mystery intermittent issues. Connect it, then ride it with the light activated by a rubber band on the trigger. When the bike fails watch the light to see if it fires as the bike rolls to a stop in gear. No light=spark issue, light=fuel issue. Quickest way I've found to narrow it down."

Here's the thread: https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/tec...ly-dies-2.html
    2018 TW200
    2016 Honda Ruckus
    -It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow.

Your skills are skyrocketing! I wear fairly good riding protection and I still felt like I hurt something as I watched you ride over some of those gnarly rock sections. I'm surprised you only had to bleep out the verbal audio a couple of times. My language riding over the rocks would have sounded like a rant from Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase) Christmas Vacation movie when he didn't get his bonus.

Hope with the help from the above forum members you are able to diagnose and repair if needed your ailing TW. Had you ridden your TW before this after you looped it or was this the first outing? Hopefully an easy fix.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Your skills are skyrocketing! I wear fairly good riding protection and I still felt like I hurt something as I watched you ride over some of those gnarly rock sections. I'm surprised you only had to bleep out the verbal audio a couple of times. My language riding over the rocks would have sounded like a rant from Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase) Christmas Vacation movie when he didn't get his bonus.

Hope with the help from the above forum members you are able to diagnose and repair if needed your ailing TW. Had you ridden your TW before this after you looped it or was this the first outing? Hopefully an easy fix.
    Lol! Spark'y Wally World rant is cinema gold as well!

The off camera language would burn your ears, haha. I even surprise myself from time to time!

The bike is in the shop (again) so I will update as soon as I know the scoop.

I seriously doubt I’m going to make Moab because of this loop incident. It has ate into almost every cent that I had saved for the trip.
    Hidden Content

Sponosred Links