TWbauchery
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: TWbauchery

TWbauchery

Pretending to be a stunt rider. Then I relax and view wildlife. A nice end to the day.

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Beaut of an area...
    admiral and Darth like this.

See that someone is happy that spring melt-out riding conditions have finally arrived.
    Fun with waterbars! I enjoy them so much more with the gentle landings afforded by Gerry's plush long travel suspension he built into the Mr.Gizmo bike. Nibbler, a.k.a. MrGizmo, is coming to Moab next week as a loaner/spare so feel free to borrow it and hop over some obstacles. Same for Betty Boop, she may be borrowed to sample the 6-speed 223cc TerraCross experience.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Ever notice how many prolific prey species whether they be rabbits, deer, elk, etc all flash an attention getting white tail when threats or predators are around? It is as if Mother Nature evolved them to say "Here I am, if you can catch me you can eat me"
    Last edited by Fred; 04-18-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    Purple and Darth like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Cool vid, Mr. Admiral...wish I could join you for a ride up there!

Elk question: I've seen them from a distance but not up close.
    Are they aggressive at all, if you get "too close", or do they just flee like deer?

I'm lucky to live in a creek & canyons environment where we have a good variety of wild critters, including many Mule Deer and a few Whitetails.
    And many Pronghorn Antelope, way "out in the country".
    But no Elk...
    admiral and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Any animal that is capable of defending its young will do so. Large Deer (in Richmond Park UK) during the rutting season will attack with little provocation – I used to take great delight in inviting close protection teams to take close ups when the stags were in heat

The average bear would rather run off than get involved – though there are exceptions – get in-between that bear and her cubs, and you’ve got a whole can of whoop-ass

Depends on the size, and on the motivation – if it looks pissed, get ready to run ……
    admiral and Darth like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Cool vid, Mr. Admiral...wish I could join you for a ride up there!

Elk question: I've seen them from a distance but not up close.
    Are they aggressive at all, if you get "too close", or do they just flee like deer?

I'm lucky to live in a creek & canyons environment where we have a good variety of wild critters, including many Mule Deer and a few Whitetails.
    And many Pronghorn Antelope, way "out in the country".
    But no Elk...
    Normally, they flee just like deer. Too quickly I might add when I've been hunting. However, as Purple mentions, anything is possible. The Elk are much more majestic than deer though. Particularly in the fall when the bull elk will start to bugle during or just prior to the rut.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Great Vid as usual.....whats the story with the nearly washed out trail at about the 1:57 mark? burn scar erosion?
    admiral likes this.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    DUDE, you caught mega air!
    admiral likes this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Great Vid as usual.....whats the story with the nearly washed out trail at about the 1:57 mark? burn scar erosion?
    Thanks for watching. I assume storm erosion of a out of service logging rd. The whole road was washed out about 1/4 mile further but it lacked camera appeal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links