T-Dub Wub Wub...the backyard obstacle riding video - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: T-Dub Wub Wub...the backyard obstacle riding video

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Way freaken cool!
    Darth and Trail Woman like this.

Cool vid. I hope to be able to ride as good as you.

I wish to make a technical practice area myself, as I am 28-years rusty, since my last trail-bike.

You have way more skills than I do riding obstacles. You actually practice whereas I just bumble over, through, and sometimes neither the obstacles.

Good times!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the support. I only started riding a motorcycle (this one) 4 years ago (age39), and it wasn't till some of the new bike smell blew off that I started challenging my riding ability(~2 years). I'm curious what I can do with this chunky little monkey with a few inches more clearance after I upgrade the suspension. If all goes well I will have it done by next spring.

We've been talking about which obstacles to add to the yard and my first go to is a small table top with a ramp up one side and staircase off the other. Then maybe a balance beam or teeter totter.

Maybe cut some tight turning singletrack leading from the sawdust lot into the surrounding woodlot? Incorporate any rock outcrops, ditches or larger tree obstacles you may find out there?
    My trails I scouedt on foot, then flagged followed by pruning, raking , rock rolling,etc as necessary since it is a bit steeper. Improving a canyon crossing deer trail from water hole to bedding zone I ended having to build a outcrop hugging wooden foot wide bridge, it remains my most technical stage.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Maybe cut some tight turning singletrack leading from the sawdust lot into the surrounding woodlot? Incorporate any rock outcrops, ditches or larger tree obstacles you may find out there?
    My trails I scouedt on foot, then flagged followed by pruning, raking , rock rolling,etc as necessary since it is a bit steeper. Improving a canyon crossing deer trail from water hole to bedding zone I ended having to build a outcrop hugging wooden foot wide bridge, it remains my most technical stage.
    Good idea! That's one spot I hadn't though of blazing some trails. We'll have to load up our pack with tools and do some surveying. I highlighted existing trails....fun spot. Great place to practice wheelies and pivot turns.
    Untitled-1.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponosred Links