Trail Woman...riding pics. - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: Trail Woman...riding pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sthrnromr View Post
    You know what else this post teaches me?

I need a photographer so I can get a better profile pic of in-action riding. The one I use now shows my bad side.
    Oh your avatar....I think you meant to say Bah-ah-ah-ah-ad side. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Woman View Post
    Oh your avatar....I think you meant to say Bah-ah-ah-ah-ad side. lol
    It's ok, I don't think anyone else caught it prior to you.
    Offroad:
    TW200 - The Goat
    KTM 300 - Orange Dragon
    ATVs

Onroad:
    Triumphs

Way too many past bikes and builds to list. I won't bore you. Questions? Just ask.
    =)

Went to the powerlines to explore a new section. Great weather!

Starting to look more like my old avatar....
    Trail Woman on TW200 2 .jpg
    Trail Woman TW200 on powerline.jpg
    Trail Woman on TW200 3 .jpg
    Right now dabbing a foot down hurts but I'll get back to the action shots once my knee is up to it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I hope you don't mind a compliment - You're posts always make me think, "Wow that Trail Woman can ride!!!" Followed immediately by, "Whoa that Trail Woman is a smoking hot babe..."
    Trail Woman, Ken and jtomelliott49 like this.
    1987 Yamaha TW200

Ya we are all in love with you. You can out ride most of us and I am proud you are Canadian.
    Last edited by Peterb; 08-07-2019 at 08:03 PM.
    Trail Woman, Ken and jtomelliott49 like this.

Thanks
    I'm really happy to be in Canada since I can ride year round. I don't think I could handle riding in the summer heat in some parts of the US. Especially with riding gear on.

My knee was starting to feel better that day but I had a unpredictable bounce to the side that caused me to put my foot down and it set me back. It's been aching since so I really have to take it easy now. I might be out of riding for another week unless it's super tame riding. Which is not easy to do. lol

I would strongly recommend wearing riding boots. Hiking boots and work boots just do not cut it.
    I attended a "FRED" (Friday Rider Education while Drinking) talk at the Loose Screw in Kamloops this weekend and the topic of footwear came up.
    Hell, I get shit from my more aggressive riding buddies for wearing the Forma Adventure boots.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Here is some easy to say but hard to do unsolicited advice: Try to not re-injure yourself again while enjoying the remainder of the riding season. Those soft tissue injuries take long enough to heal even when pampered. Re-injured them and they can become lifelong annoyances.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Looks like a lot of fun there. . But take it easy on that leg. I know all too well the difficulties of recovering from leg injuries (three times I been told they were going to possibly amputate my left leg below knee and three times I dodged that bullet). Today almost 7 years later the legs still weaker but I function at about 80% of what I used too.

Off road I sometimes feel good and push it a bit harder than I should and then I’m back to maybe 50% for weeks later. It’s just not worth it.
    Trail Woman and jtomelliott49 like this.
    2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT

2010 Yamaha TW200

2016 Polaris Sportsman 450 HO

2005 Yamaha Bruin 350 4x4

I haven't rode the TW in a few days now...feeling a lot better but not enough to risk bringing it back.

I'm only a few years into my 40s with sciatica and an impinged shoulder so I'm very aware of life long annoyances. Both require regular exercise and stretches without which and I'd be in pain. Most the times I still feel like a teenager.

Boots would not have helped at all in this case where it was my knee taking too much weight/force. The only way protective gear may have helped is if I wore all of it and went down on my side with the bike instead of planting a foot to jump on the side ways bike. But then my hip or shoulder would be taking it...so it seems like no easy solution. For wearing shorts and tank top I got off lucky. The only damage sustained was my knee, handguard and plastic over the muffler. It was however a good reminder to ride how I'm dressed and coincidentally I have been looking into boots.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links