Trail Woman...riding pics. - Page 4
Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: Trail Woman...riding pics.

She means - "Quickly move your body to the other side of the bike to avoid a fall." Good lookin' and smart, too? I've got a crush on two TW's...
    Purple and Trail Woman like this.
    1987 Yamaha TW200

Yeah that too. Ir's much easier to jump off the bike when standing.

Where there's a will there's a way.
    exfoliated.jpg
    balancing the ruts.jpg
    Last edited by Trail Woman; 08-17-2019 at 07:31 AM.
    SanDue, Fred, Purple and 2 others like this.

My knee was feeling pretty good so I thought I'd be careful and we went back to the new section of power line to try and break through and loop back to our regularly traveled logging roads. There is also a section that looks groomed somehow so we wanted to see why it looked funny from google earth.
    Rocky start
    1 rocky start.jpg
    We could have took a long detour around the swamp.
    2 which way .jpg
    But plywood road looks more fun. It was over 200 feet long, partially rotten, and almost a foot above the mud. Proceeded with caution.
    3 plywood road.jpg
    Made it to the other side.
    4 power line run.jpg
    Bouncing down some easy trails.
    5 power line run2.jpg
    The otherside! Here we found our way back on a logging road that connects to regular riding areas.
    6 break through.jpg
    Ripping up the logging roads.
    7 ripping.jpg
    Back to some familiar roads again. Mission successful!
    8 stopped.jpg

Here's a google earth shot.
    plywood road.jpg
    And a close up.
    plywood road 2 .jpg

I wonder who built this and how this was done.
    Last edited by Trail Woman; 08-21-2019 at 02:48 PM.
    reddave, Mel, Dryden-Tdub and 5 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Congrats on the connection loop. I often use Google maps for the same purpose. Thank you for sharing your ride and pics.

As for the plywood, my only guess would be that it gets extremely muddy and perhaps being a powerline trail, they need some traction for any possible bad weather repairs or maintenance. Just a guess.
    Trail Woman likes this.
    2010 TW200 - The Goat
    Triumphs
    ATVs
    Way too many past bikes to list

I think the ATV guys lay down the plywood. We have some roads that have been plastered with it. It is ok when dry, but living in Rainey Haney that is not too often and that stuff becomes slick. Also does not help that it is on a hill.
    Trail Woman likes this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Senior Member TeeDoubleUTwoHundred's Avatar
    Plywood certainly isn't cheap, either.
    Trail Woman likes this.
    2017 TW200 -> Hand Guards-Chain-Foot Pegs-Skid Plate-Shifter-Grips-Mirrors-Fuel Filter-Fender-Levers

My guess is that the local ATV assoc. pulled together and used material from torn down out buildings to get over the marshy section. It's quite a patch work. With log sleepers under it I wonder if it would float if the area flooded enough. lol

edit...

Friend who does masonry said it's likely from concrete forms....good call. I think he nailed it.
    Last edited by Trail Woman; 08-20-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    ejfranz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by reddave View Post
    She means - "Quickly move your body to the other side of the bike to avoid a fall." Good lookin' and smart, too? I've got a crush on two TW's...
    I don't know...anyone that avoids wearing the proper gear and thinks that they can plan their accidents to avoid injury is headed for trouble. I think a lot of us have learned that lesson!
    2017 TW200, 2012 Ducati Multistrada, 2006 Polaris Hawkeye

I said ride how you're dressed. If you're not being protected then take less risks.

It comes down to risk assessment.....if being immobilized by "protective gear" makes you topple over then it's not simple protecting you all the time. If I was jumping an MX bike ten feet in the air at over 60km or climbing a rock face like Graham Jarvis then yeah more protective equipment may be needed. But when placing your foot with no ankle movement compromises your footing on uneven ground then the rest of your body is at risk.

How many pro skateboarders have you seen wearing protective equipment unless it's on a large half pipe?

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Woman View Post
    I said ride how you're dressed. If you're not being protected then take less risks.

It comes down to risk assessment.....if being immobilized by "protective gear" makes you topple over then it's not simple protecting you all the time. If I was jumping an MX bike ten feet in the air at over 60km or climbing a rock face like Graham Jarvis then yeah more protective equipment may be needed. But when placing your foot with no ankle movement compromises your footing on uneven ground then the rest of your body is at risk.

How many pro skateboarders have you seen wearing protective equipment unless it's on a large half pipe?
    that said... i can't see a sports bra as ATGATT.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Sponosred Links