Like Tree19Likes
  • 10 Post By Fred
  • 2 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By admiral
  • 2 Post By Purple
  • 4 Post By Fred

Thread: New Sunday Trail Ride Destination

New Sunday Trail Ride Destination

Adam led me today on a trail ride not too far from my home I had never explored before. Featured a few small lakes, an abandoned Boy Scout Camp, lots of water , and a gorgeous camp he has been help maintaining. Had some nice ridgeline singletracks with views thousands of feet above where where started a;long the Truckee River.
    I also took a nice mud bath so enjoy my humiliation.

Miaugi, elime, Dryden-Tdub and 7 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Looks like you hit the snow melt about right. Where about was that, Fred?
    Beauty is as beauty does.
    If it works good, it's beautiful.

We accessed from the south side of the Truckee River in Verdi at head of Quillici Valley where dirt road climbs away from level valley bottom. No informative signs or place names. Mazes out with forks connecting east to Hunter Lake and south side of Reno, as well as west & upstream to Iceland where Panther Creek (I believe) dumps into the Truckee, but that is one long rocky trail that leaves you trespassing trying to find a way out in Hershdale. From the ridgeline the singletrack descends to Floriston getting steeper & turning into a challenging mountain bike trail with lots of jumps. Not for the TW but just maybe with the KTM & a buddy. I would scout the bottom thousand feet or so on foot first.
    admiral and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Looked like pretty rugged country. We had to go through a few drifts Sunday here on our ride. In the same place on Wednesday with my son we couldn't get through. Melting quickly but still a few stops such as what you encountered. When you get here for this weeks ride you'll have to tell me more about this area you rode. Cabin looked interesting as well as possible abandoned Boy Scout Camp. Maybe the same place but I still like to here the history of those area's. Glad you and Adam could get a ride in. Good times!
    littletommy likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Betty sure likes munching on them bushes - lol ...
    littletommy and admiral like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

My ignoble tip over into the mud was because I was trying to be clever. Seeing Adam sink into the left wheel track I figured I would stay drier on the crest thus avoiding the soupy right wheel track . However something ug-known spit me off the crest and into the bushes bringing things to an embarrassing halt. Maybe I should get a Shinko 241 so I can stop inventing excuses for the 244, tall tales like I must have run over a submerged turtle. Shucks, just look at the size of the one in my avatar!
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Sponosred Links