Washington State - Naches
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Washington State - Naches

Friend pulled his husaberg out and asked me if we should roll somewhere Sunday... I said “At dawn... we ride.”

Took off from just northeast of Enumclaw and headed over the mountain for some beautiful views and lunch at Whistlin’ Jacks riverside restaurant.

A few rough roads and trails, couldn’t finish a ride without eating s**t at least once, hit a bunch of loose gravel towards the bottom of the mountain where the road had recently been graded... Fat Gypsy went down hard, gonna need a new face shield for my helmet, but all the right gear kept me safe except for some minor scratches.

It was still a blast! Can’t wait to do it again.

See pictures below:

40A328B1-B025-4D27-80C1-2CF69EB7832D_1564362590416.jpeg
    Big Blake and his TW

C0AB3994-E580-4229-A22F-ADDDBFB9C6BE_1564362653607.jpg
    Some Smokey views from the lookout tower.

71B1CEFB-1ED0-48FE-818D-F162BD4C40BC_1564362711646.jpeg

Loadin up and headin home.
    63FB8617-B7B1-44ED-8EB4-41C279667C67_1564362744979.jpeg

8EEF08F4-072B-4E0C-A7CA-39A06D01D53B_1564363142419.jpeg
    Last edited by TWBigBlake; 07-28-2019 at 07:19 PM.
    Ken, Allanb, admiral and 4 others like this.

Ken
    Looks like a great place to ride.
    Allanb likes this.
    1993 TW200 just shy of 46,000 miles

Nice TWbiglake! Nice country. Is there a big lake down tacoma way? I used to live on big lake, east of Mt Vernon

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Found out the hard way not to use your head to save the bike??
    2017 XR650l
    2014 NC700X
    2005 ST-1300
    Wanted TW450

I was the Transportation System Planner and Manager for the Wenatchee Okanogan National Forest and I am very familiar with the roads and trails in the Naches area.....you might consider riding over the Naches Pass Trail/4X4 route from near Enumclaw to the Little Naches....from there..... there are thousands of miles of trails and roads to ride in the sunshine...from there you can ride to Canada or even Alaska.....Oregon or Idaho..... that is nearly ideal dual sport riding country...

I have been retired for about 25 years so my information may be out of date but I have ridden all of the trails that are open to motorcycles.....including many that were open before Wilderness Legislation ……..Like they say in Alaska..."I hope to see you down the trail."
    Last edited by bartruff; 07-29-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    Ride Now, Darth and plumbstraight like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Looks like a great place to ride.
    It really was, once we got up around 3000ft everything starts opening up to see all the huge valleys and mountains in the area, I grew up in northeast Oregon which has a special kind of beauty in itself, seeing this area was a real treat!

Quote Originally Posted by Allanb View Post
    Nice TWbiglake! Nice country. Is there a big lake down tacoma way? I used to live on big lake, east of Mt Vernon
    There is a “Big Lake” east of Mt Vernon, I only know because a friend use to talk about all the bass fishing he used to do up there.

I have never been since it’s a ways up north, but it sounds like quite a destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Found out the hard way not to use your head to save the bike??
    Full disclosure, once my tires started floating across the loose gravel like it was gosh dang David Copperfield, the decision was really out of my hands, bars cocked all the way to the right with my hands still on it, so I did what any sane person would do in that situation...

... I cursed the earth for its savage prank and attempted to head-butt it to let It know who’s boss.

In the words of the great Will Farrell... “You lose that battle 9 times out of 10.”
    admiral and Darth like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff View Post
    I was the Transportation System Planner and Manager for the Wenatchee Okanogan National Forest and I am very familiar with the roads and trails in the Naches area.....you might consider riding over the Naches Pass Trail/4X4 route from near Enumclaw to the Little Naches....from there..... there are thousands of miles of trails and roads to ride in the sunshine...from there you can ride to Canada or even Alaska.....Oregon or Idaho..... that is nearly ideal dual sport riding country...

I have been retired for about 25 years so my information may be out of date but I have ridden all of the trails that are open to motorcycles.....including many that were open before Wilderness Legislation ……..Like they say in Alaska..."I hope to see you down the trail."
    Hi Bartruff, I’m just learning where most of the major connecting forest service roads (like 70 and recently 7090) and some of the crazy trails that will take you over the mountains to the east. You are absolutely right, for anyone reading... there are tons of amazing trails with an insane amount of camping areas right off the side of the road. You could spend weeks there and not cover all the beautiful and amazing trails and areas to see.

So we did part of the Naches trail but broke off to take a few of the easier trails and reconnected up to forest service roads to get to Whistlin Jacks lodge. Can’t wait to take on some of the other areas as I get more experience and build more confidence.
    Cascade Rider likes this.

The Naches Trail was used by the Native People to trade and raid the Costal and Puget Sound Tribes....and by the early explorers (Canoe and Saddle) , by the Longmire Party and by the Army...…

After WWII when the Soldier Boys returned to the Yakima Valley, after they had knocked up their wives and girl friends they turned to Jeeping for some fun …. at that time Jeeping involved drinking a lot of beer and tearing hell out of the country side...... and they formed the Ridge Runners Jeep Club..... Naches Pass was one of their favorite places and they did a lot of work to make it passable for Jeeps....

I also worked as a Transportation Planner for the Mt Baker Snoqualmie...…..the Forest Service people in the Regional Office and the Mount Baker Snoquallmie wanted to close the Historical trail to motorized use...but the Supervisors on the Wenatchee insisted that it stay available to 4X4s and motorcycles and it was kept out of the Wilderness for that purpose...……. a rare win for the semi primitive motorized users....

The Wenatchee (a rural forest} has a extensive systems of 4X4 Routes and motorized trails.....the Mt Baker Snoqualmie ( a urban forest)…..not so much...
    Cascade Rider likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links