Around a lake and over a mountain
Close
    
    
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Utah1
  • 1 Post By Utah1

Thread: Around a lake and over a mountain

  1. #1
    Member Utah1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    32

    Around a lake and over a mountain

    May be slow but gets the job done
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Senior Member FIRE UP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Lake Havasu City AZ
    Posts
    278
    Hey Utah1,
    If I may ask, what lake and what mountain? The wife and I just returned from a 2,600 mile trip in the motorhome which we carried the T-dub and towed our Jeep. Much of that trip involved Utah. Our last camp was at Jordanelle State Park, great place.
    Scott
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

  3. #3
    Member Utah1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
    Hey Utah1,
    If I may ask, what lake and what mountain? The wife and I just returned from a 2,600 mile trip in the motorhome which we carried the T-dub and towed our Jeep. Much of that trip involved Utah. Our last camp was at Jordanelle State Park, great place.
    Scott
    It’s Bare Lake, we didn’t see many bears around but the riding is exceptional! Second favorite area to ride behind island park and old yellerstone in Idaho.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member FIRE UP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Lake Havasu City AZ
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Utah1 View Post
    It’s Bare Lake, we didn’t see many bears around but the riding is exceptional! Second favorite area to ride behind island park and old yellerstone in Idaho.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aaaaahha, Bear Lake!
    Yep, we know it fairly well too. In fact, before we camped at Jordanelle, we camped at the KOA there in Bear Lake. We drove around to the east side to check out the State Park campground but, what a rat pit. So, we drove back and chose the KOA. There's plenty of hills etc. around Bear lake for sure. Years ago, (as in say, 25 or more) we'd cruised down the hill with our motorhome from Logan. I'd lost the brakes in the motorhome as I hit the intersection of 89 and that grade, NOT GOOD! We left there heading south, what a nice, pleasant drive. Nice area for sure.
    Scott
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

  6. #5
    Member Utah1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Utah1 View Post
    It’s Bare Lake, we didn’t see many bears around but the riding is exceptional! Second favorite area to ride behind island park and old yellerstone in Idaho.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aaaaahha, Bear Lake!
    Yep, we know it fairly well too. In fact, before we camped at Jordanelle, we camped at the KOA there in Bear Lake. We drove around to the east side to check out the State Park campground but, what a rat pit. So, we drove back and chose the KOA. There's plenty of hills etc. around Bear lake for sure. Years ago, (as in say, 25 or more) we'd cruised down the hill with our motorhome from Logan. I'd lost the brakes in the motorhome as I hit the intersection of 89 and that grade, NOT GOOD! We left there heading south, what a nice, pleasant drive. Nice area for sure.
    Scott
    Yeah we loaded up the TW racks with cheap Hooch and fireworks from Idaho and then smuggled it back across the boarder. Crazy story They’ve had one or two trucks a month lose their brakes coming down that hill and then earlier this year a truck went straight through the sporting good shop at the bottom and destroyed the entire building and killed the truck driver!

  7. #6
    Member Utah1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Utah1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Utah1 View Post
    It’s Bare Lake, we didn’t see many bears around but the riding is exceptional! Second favorite area to ride behind island park and old yellerstone in Idaho.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aaaaahha, Bear Lake!
    Yep, we know it fairly well too. In fact, before we camped at Jordanelle, we camped at the KOA there in Bear Lake. We drove around to the east side to check out the State Park campground but, what a rat pit. So, we drove back and chose the KOA. There's plenty of hills etc. around Bear lake for sure. Years ago, (as in say, 25 or more) we'd cruised down the hill with our motorhome from Logan. I'd lost the brakes in the motorhome as I hit the intersection of 89 and that grade, NOT GOOD! We left there heading south, what a nice, pleasant drive. Nice area for sure.
    Scott
    Yeah we loaded up the TW racks with cheap Hooch and fireworks from Idaho and then smuggled it back across the boarder. Crazy story They’ve had one or two trucks a month lose their brakes coming down that hill and then earlier this year a truck went straight through the sporting good shop at the bottom and destroyed the entire building and killed the truck driver!

    https://youtu.be/pl7uYoLr0aQ
    admiral likes this.

  8. #7
    Senior Member FIRE UP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Lake Havasu City AZ
    Posts
    278
    Utah1,
    Well, while cruising around Garden City, we noticed some severe damage to some storage garages, just across from a very popular Mom and Pop drive-in with GREAT blueberry shakes, called LaBeaus. We'd asked the server if she knew anything about that damage. It appeared there was no fire. She said, yep, a truck driver lost his brakes and careened into those storage units. Man, that hill has cost that town some huh?
    Scott

    On edit:
    We just figured it out. The Sporting Good store was deemed unsafe to occupy so, it was torn down. Well, if you look at your photos that you linked, you'll see some very close, angled roof lines. Those are the storage units I'm speaking of. Apparently, the old sporting goods store was scraped off the earth and, that left a flat piece of ground. Then, here comes another truck with ZERO brakes and, it's lights out!!
    Scott
    Last edited by FIRE UP; 09-05-2019 at 11:13 PM.
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •