A Video I do Not Show My Wife
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: A Video I do Not Show My Wife

A Video I do Not Show My Wife

From Admiral's Housewarming Party and Group Ride this July:

Eckhart, Admiral & I were exploring our way up a narrow side hill single track climb over a ridge and into another basin when we came across this creek crossing. We had already experienced some sections of tight brush where one can't see the trail, logs where bikes had to be drug over, sidehills with little chance of an easy off-trail bike recovery, few if any places to turn around etc. So I among the crew was a little tired although only 15 miles or so into what turned out to be an over 150 mile ride.
    Thus the title of the video...I typically tell my wife everything went "peachy-keen" so she doesn't worry. I didn't tell her how often I swore and grumbled before I cleared this section. I feel more mortal with each passing year.
    Last edited by Fred; 10-13-2019 at 07:50 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

With my luck, "IF" I had made it through the water and rocks (which I highly doubt) I then, would have promptly fell off the cliff on the right!!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Dang... hope you brought an extra can of pucker remover for your seat.
    littletommy and admiral like this.
    2013 TW200 "Timba Wattla"
    2013 DRZ400S
    1999 Bombardier 500 Traxter

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Very cool and always pretty country and landscape too as always.

Where is that in Idaho Fred? I have a friend here in NY that is considering a move to your state. Not sure when but he'll probably spend a few weeks out there in the Winter and a few in the Spring/Summer so he gets a feel for the lay-of-the-land.
    littletommy and admiral like this.
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

The video was taken near Admiral's new home near Garden Valley, Idaho which is NE of Boise. Trail leads over a summit to Deadwood Reservoir, a fairly large lake. Much of the Idaho batholith (upwelled granitic pluton) creates similar dramatic landforms, mountain chains & flowing rivers in the central and northern parts of the state. So there is lots of similar terrain, some Wilderness but much open to motorized recreation.
    ejfranz, littletommy and admiral like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

It's all true. I was a witness to the swear words and other grumbling noises. Next time I ride that trail, and there probably will be a next time, I'm wearing "Depends" as insurance nothing "nasty" happens. Glad you were able to recover the video. Show more I say, more.

P.S. Even though Eckhart struggled a little, he makes it look so darn easy!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    With my luck, "IF" I had made it through the water and rocks (which I highly doubt) I then, would have promptly fell off the cliff on the right!!!
    On a trail like this, you typically only fall just once.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    On a trail like this, you typically only fall just once.
    Kind-a like the film of that guy on rocky trail, on the side of a cliff, that ACTUALLY FELL, and it was all filmed, about a month or so ago! He fell what, maybe 50-60' or so, in to some water. And, he apparently was not hurt.
    admiral and littletommy like this.
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
    Kind-a like the film of that guy on rocky trail, on the side of a cliff, that ACTUALLY FELL, and it was all filmed, about a month or so ago! He fell what, maybe 50-60' or so, in to some water. And, he apparently was not hurt.
    Yeah, the guy on Schofield Pass road was lucky. I saw another video of a guy who went over a "short cliff" and hit hard. Maybe a 20-30 foot drop. He got hurt but was rescued and lived to tell the tale and show his video. Even my son went over the bank down off the trail on a ride with me. Luckily, it was sandy side hill so no damage to bike or rider but watching his bike tumble end over end was pretty shocking
    littletommy likes this.

It's moments like this I ask myself "Is this worth risking the bike I can't afford to replace?" I have taken some slightly risky crossings but I've also declined on occasion. I may have declined this one but it's often hard to judge from video. I'm guessing it's worse then it looks.
    ejfranz likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links