• 1 Post By admiral
  • 2 Post By Trail Woman
  • 2 Post By Donzo
  • 5 Post By Fred
  • 3 Post By ejfranz
  • 2 Post By RidgeRunner

Thread: Peace Trail With Admiral & Ejfranz

Peace Trail With Admiral & Ejfranz

Came across some clips from this summer of this challenging sigletrack. Eckhart leads and Admiral follow behind. Quite a ride, was towards the end of Admiral's housewarming six day ride. By the time we made it to the lake on far side of mountain pass we were fairly reluctant to turn around and repeat it. So we eventually rode some 150 miles more finding an alternate way back.

Last edited by Fred; 11-07-2019 at 12:21 AM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Awesome! Glad you found the clips. ejfranz made going through the waterfall rocks much easier than you and I. We kind of sucked in that area though we did make it. Views of Deadwood were awesome as we came down the far side of the trail. I think the trail name changes at the pass we ate lunch at. This downhill section (for us) I believe is called something like Habbit Creek trail.

I rode with another guy earlier this week and we discussed our different rides on Peace Creek trail. He asked if we went back up Habbit Creek know the couple of tricky spots. I told him no, and then proceeded to tell him the rest of our story. He laughed but said the Habbit/Peace Creek trails would be really fun both ways if not for those couple of tricky sections on Habbit. We also discussed how bushy Peace Creek trail has become. Maybe next spring or early summer I'll go back and start clearing the trail. Payback for the people who cleared the trail (mostly) for us.
    ejfranz likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I wouldn't feel too good about the waterfall or where the trail slips sideways down the hill. Most of the clip looks like easy riding except those few nasty spots. I wish we had more smooth single track here. All we have nearby are the trails we make and the terrain is quite unforgiving with moss covered rocks and roots.
    admiral and ejfranz like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The Peace Trail has some quite unpeaceful spots.....good video.
    admiral and ejfranz like this.

Having done it so now without the fear of the "Uggknown" and with all the leaves fallen I would ride the Hobbit and Peace trail again. Hobbit lacked the strong sidehill exposure and the associated fear that brush and unseen turbulence would push me off the low side. There were times I really had to lean into the brush like one leans into a crosswind. As such a reverse ride seems doable , but not solo. The un-video'd 3 ft log across the trail I would not want to navigate by myself. It was difficult enough with you two lifting and grunting even after Eckhart attacked it with his trusty handlebar mounted saw. His saw was a blessing and I could see how in British Columbia's temperate rain forests the saw could be considered a must-have accessory.

Funny thing was after the tight water crossing he kept asking me if you had helped push me through. I honestly had no idea but my attempts to explain must have seemed very irrational. He probably figured ol' befuddled Fred just needs some bottled oxygen...I was really exhausted and blowing wind at that point from a mix of exertion and apprehension about what BETTY BOOP & I would have to conquer next on ADMIRAL'S EASY RIDE.

Betty Boop.jpg
    TomT, Nichea, admiral and 2 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Woman View Post
    I wouldn't feel too good about the waterfall or where the trail slips sideways down the hill. Most of the clip looks like easy riding except those few nasty spots. I wish we had more smooth single track here. All we have nearby are the trails we make and the terrain is quite unforgiving with moss covered rocks and roots.
    The trail sucks you in at the start as smooth flowing with exquisite views and then the side exposure hits, the bridges start to deteriorate from trees crashing down on them and then they totally disappear, most likely washed away in the spring thaw. That said, I would do it again. On the BC coast (temperate rain forest) we have granite, which when wet is slick and can be covered with slime and moss and lots of wet roots and fallen trees. The BC southern interior trails are very similar to the trails around Admiral's place. If you can ever swing it, I strongly recommend joining up with some of the TW riders on this forum. A Moab TW get together should be on your bucket list. Riding with Fred and Admiral in their back yards has been invigorating and I hope to do more.
    admiral, Trail Woman and Fred like this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

That ride looks exhilarating and exhausting. I enjoyed my morning coffee while watching you guys work and play. Thanks for sharing. (Nice back yard.)
    ejfranz and admiral like this.
    2017 TW200
    Shrinko SR241 front tire
    Seat Concepts seat
    DID XV428 xring chain
    JT sprockets - 47T rear
    WPS Lithium battery
    IMS Super Stock footpegs
    Small rear luggage rack
    Removed front fork side reflectors
    Removed passenger foot pegs and mounts
    Removed some decals