TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Forums are still my first go to for tech information. For me, reading a discussion on a forum yields more reliable information than something found on one of those ad websites that are disguised as reviews or tech write up. I do see that "link rot" problem very often though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ari is a nice young man and a good racer. He used to work here in town for a shop owned by friends. i have built a shock for him (Honda 300 road racer) which he mentioned in a few of his stories. It seems to me that too many forums are owned by big companies but it is worth remembering that the forums have put a serious hurting on the printed magazine business. Also, our relationship with motorcycle information reading has changed with the internet and simple “digital magazines“ also are not the preference which many of us choose.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Many are dying out. Some aren't. I do prefer forums over social media platforms, although I do both.

Just from what I've read & observed on here, since my time onboard (4 years), this one isn't what it used to be.

They are great source for info, and you can meet some great fellow riders which then become friends. For those I haven't met....I'd like to some day! (y)

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
I think if Ari is writing this article he is drawing comparisons to the forums when they were commonplace as opposed to their prevalence at the advent of social media. When he says dying I'm almost positive he is just shining a light on the massive reduction in activity on a lot of forums that now use social media platforms to discuss and interact.

I imagine if Facebook/Instagram/Twitter were just erased today, tomorrow we would see a giant influx of new people and conversations/posts on here.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I don't fully know how these forum things work, but if whoever owns this one is the one who ruined it (though I still like it), what has to happen to open a new one?

I'd guess that if those current moderators teamed up with someone who was really good with TW200's (that's humor), they could most likely do it however it was done when it was done right.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Forums are a form of social media but have much more of a community feel with valuable archived knowledge. Youtube is the ultimate DIY resource, I can only imagine how much time I would have saved wrenching on my old 76 Shovelhead Harley when younger lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts