1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Only thing "Insane" is anybody would believe the bullsh*t pushed by the media, and the Anti Gun, left wing nuts.....and those that think taking guns from law abiding citizens is going to make crime go down....yep, the Inner City Gang Bangers, Illegal Border Jumping Drug Runners, and bat sh*t crazy Islamics, are going to play nicer if they know you are not armed...

Beam Em Up Scotty!:dread:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Here is an interesting little bit of information, while the US MAY have the most gun deaths per capita it is far from having the most intentional homicides per capita. Russia ranks near the top for that. ....and they have very VERY strict gun control there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

And Japan has the highest suicide rate of any country in the world. Again strict gun control.

Kind of like if you have a hammer in your tool box why use a Crescent wrench to pound a nail.

So point #3 of the article you linked LT is BS.

Also looking at the last one #1, watch the attached video. They're talking about full auto, brand new in the box AK 47s. These did not come from any legally Licensed FFL in the United States and NOTHING to do with gun laws in this country. There have been no new full auto guns permitted to civilians since the GCA of 1986. The drug cartel has access to full auto illegal machine guns, rocket launchers and grenades, .... and as far as has ever been proven to me, more guns crossed over into Mexico under the watchful eye and hands of this administration under Operation Fast and Furious than any straw purchases from a licensed gun store.

Point #1 is BS also so I wonder how much of the rest has any truth? I have more important things to do than clean up someone else's bull chit.

·
Super Moderator
17,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't write the article, nor did I check it for accuracy. I just posted it because I thought it might be interesting to read because so many of you love firearms.

·
Super Moderator
17,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The title does say "insane facts" so the writer must be crazy. :D

·
Registered
2,667 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
The problem with guns, it that it’s real easy to pull the trigger — the gun will do the rest. You’re heart rate is likely to be elevated, but you’re not going to break into a sweat.

So now you live in a country where almost everyone has a gun — where everyone finds it as simple as pulling that trigger. Yeah sure, “guns don’t kill people, people do” — but guns sure make it easy ……

Pick a “mass murder” (in a civilised society) — done with a hammer ? — done with a Machete ? — by strangulation ?

No — by gun — because that’s the easy element , the simple bit — you can kill as fast as you can pull the trigger.

There are inevitably exceptions, mass murders carried out by marauding gangs in third world countries, pure bully tactics by force of numbers. The occasional person going “postal”, as happened in Hungerford. Nutcases will always slip through the net.

But the easier the access to guns, the more guns around, and the greater the chances of one of those “nutcases” getting hold of one and letting rip. That is what the statistics show. Pure and simple.

And if Japan had “easy access” to fire arms, the rate of suicides probably wouldn’t go up, but the rate of suicides by gun probably would, because it now becomes as easy as pulling the trigger.

The “sickness” in this world isn’t caused by firearms — “crazed Islamics” — “Mexican drug dealers” — stick any label you want on the cause of their angst — but stick a gun in someone’s hand, and for better or for worse, it all becomes as easy as pulling the trigger …….

Now, it’s your country, and you can do what you want with it — but don’t blame the statistics when you insist on “the right to bear arms” — an arcane bit of the constitution based on the existence (and the need for) a militia.

But what puzzles me the most, is the people who have guns, are the most vocal when it comes to criticism. I’m not talking about the rifle / ranch / coyote shooters — we have them over here as well — pest control.

I’m talking about the people who are “serious” about their guns — the guys who vociferously defend their right like they were born with a mouthful of ammunition. You won’t find the coyote shooters talking like this. No-one who needs a gun for pest control is going to demand a constitutional right to bear arms — they don’t need to.

As for “concealed”, I can only think that’s for “self defence”. Self defence because every other fecker out there is also likely to be carrying.

Carrying, because they live in a country that encourages the ownership of fire arms — where it has become the “norm”. A constitutional right that means every house thief out there is sooner or later going to find a gun during a robbery, and carry that gun on the next one.

The rules here are different — you can have any gun you want (other than automatic) and shoot it off at will through a gun club. But you don’t get to take it home (apart from shot guns).

As I’ve said before — it’s your country and you can do what you want to it.

But I find it a bit rich when you defend gun ownership on the basis that everyone else has one — and then call the statistics “rubbish”.

You made it — you lie in it …………

(Not a criticism, just an observation, and my opinion — I’m not suggesting what you should or shouldn’t do — just looking in from the outside) ……

·
Registered
746 Posts
Here is an interesting little bit of information, while the US MAY have the most gun deaths per capita it is far from having the most intentional homicides per capita. Russia ranks near the top for that. ....and they have very VERY strict gun control there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

And Japan has the highest suicide rat of any contry in the world. Again strict gun control.

Kind of like if you have a hammer in your tool box why use a Crescent wrench to pound a nail.

So point #3 of the article you linked LT is BS.

Also looking at the last one #1, watch the attached video. They're talking about full auto, brand new in the box AK 47s. These did not come from any legally Licensed FFL in the United States and NOTHING to do with gun laws in this country. There have been no new full auto guns permitted to civilians since the GCA of 1986. The drug cartel has access to full auto illegal machine guns, rocket launchers and grenades, .... and as far as has ever been proven to me, more guns crossed over into Mexico under the watchful eye and hands of this administration under Operation Fast and Furious than any straw purchases from a licensed gun store.

Point #1 is BS also so I wonder how much of the rest has any truth? I have more important things to do than clean up someone else's bull chit.
Another interesting thing about guns in Mexico: according to the chart in the article, Mexico has three times the homicide rate committed with firearms, as compared to USA. Note I said *with*. Although every single article like this I have ever read uses the term "by" (intentionally I believe), no homicide has ever been committed *by* a firearm. Firearms are inanimate objects. These same "journalists" never talk about anyone being killed by an automobile, do they?

Back to Mexico. Mexico has general gun prohibition for its citizens (visitors, too) who aren't rich and/or well connected. In fact, being in possession of a single old, tarnished, spent .22 Short cartridge case, even buried in the mud in the bed of your old pickup truck, gets you a year in prison in Mexico. Funny how these articles (including this one) never seem to mention that fact. In fact, they generally go out of their way to conceal it. Knowing that Mexico has a high rate of homicides committed with guns in spite of general civilian gun prohibition kinda belies the conclusion they are trying to lead readers to.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was riding down I-39 in IL yesterday and they have signs that bitch at you about texting and whatnot.. One of the messages is that there's been 642 traffic deaths in IL so far this year.. That's 8 months, and one state. Where's all the screaming about taking cars off the road?

And while it's easy to SAY that killing is as easy as pulling the trigger, doing so is another story..

·
Registered
779 Posts
I am a firearm owner (several in fact). The statistic will always bear out the point of view of those that gather and report on them. The perception that everyone carries a gun in the US is simply not true. I will likely get my CWP, because then I can carry more easilly when hunting in MI, but the vast majoity of people in this state and the other states I have lived in never carry thier non hunting guns outside thier home. I will also likley rarely carry outside of the private land I hunt. I do believe the governemnt, in general, wants to disarm it's citizens, so in my mind, I am part of a standing "militia" that keeps the government from being able to overreach its authority. Call me crazy, but history is full of goverments overrunning citizens for "the greater good" at the barrel of a gun or tip of a spear. Don't think for a second it couldn't happen in a western country at some point (no use in pointing out the pile of recent and historic examples). I would be OK ith stricter background checks, limits on magazine capacity (10?) and longer waiting periods (5 days for semi auto pistols and rifles over22cal?) if it was done in a rational and consistent manner.

By the way, in my limited experience, the police I have chatted with support the right to bear arms and prefer that handgun owners are registered CWP holders. Those owners are much less likely to commit or be involved in a crime or shooting than the general population. The police are also generally aware up front that the person they are pulling over, resonding to, investigating ect''' has a permit and firearm. Less suprises!

·
Registered
57 Posts
By the way, in my limited experience, the police I have chatted with support the right to bear arms and prefer that handgun owners are registered CWP holders. Those owners are much less likely to commit or be involved in a crime or shooting than the general population.
Actually, the most law abiding citizens are Concealed Carry Permit holders. They have been upstanding citizens in order to get the permit and have the most to lose by screwing up.. And unlike law officers, we're not above the law. I have both a Utah and IL permit, both required a FBI background check, and while I carry the majority of the time (air travel and workplace restrict that and I follow the rules) the LAST thing I want to do is need to protect myself.. That said, I have had professional defensive training and practice weekly.

Just like politics, I'm fully aware that I'm not going to change the mind of an anti gun person.. And all the BS that's spouted my way won't change my opinion either.. :)

·
Registered
746 Posts
The problem with guns, it that it’s real easy to pull the trigger — the gun will do the rest. You’re heart rate is likely to be elevated, but you’re not going to break into a sweat.

So now you live in a country where almost everyone has a gun — where everyone finds it as simple as pulling that trigger. Yeah sure, “guns don’t kill people, people do” — but guns sure make it easy ……

Pick a “mass murder” (in a civilised society) — done with a hammer ? — done with a Machete ? — by strangulation ?

No — by gun — because that’s the easy element , the simple bit — you can kill as fast as you can pull the trigger.

There are inevitably exceptions, mass murders carried out by marauding gangs in third world countries, pure bully tactics by force of numbers. The occasional person going “postal”, as happened in Hungerford. Nutcases will always slip through the net.

But the easier the access to guns, the more guns around, and the greater the chances of one of those “nutcases” getting hold of one and letting rip. That is what the statistics show. Pure and simple.

And if Japan had “easy access” to fire arms, the rate of suicides probably wouldn’t go up, but the rate of suicides by gun probably would, because it now becomes as easy as pulling the trigger.

The “sickness” in this world isn’t caused by firearms — “crazed Islamics” — “Mexican drug dealers” — stick any label you want on the cause of their angst — but stick a gun in someone’s hand, and for better or for worse, it all becomes as easy as pulling the trigger …….

Now, it’s your country, and you can do what you want with it — but don’t blame the statistics when you insist on “the right to bear arms” — an arcane bit of the constitution based on the existence (and the need for) a militia.

But what puzzles me the most, is the people who have guns, are the most vocal when it comes to criticism. I’m not talking about the rifle / ranch / coyote shooters — we have them over here as well — pest control.

I’m talking about the people who are “serious” about their guns — the guys who vociferously defend their right like they were born with a mouthful of ammunition. You won’t find the coyote shooters talking like this. No-one who needs a gun for pest control is going to demand a constitutional right to bear arms — they don’t need to.

As for “concealed”, I can only think that’s for “self defence”. Self defence because every other fecker out there is also likely to be carrying.

Carrying, because they live in a country that encourages the ownership of fire arms — where it has become the “norm”. A constitutional right that means every house thief out there is sooner or later going to find a gun during a robbery, and carry that gun on the next one.

The rules here are different — you can have any gun you want (other than automatic) and shoot it off at will through a gun club. But you don’t get to take it home (apart from shot guns).

As I’ve said before — it’s your country and you can do what you want to it.

But I find it a bit rich when you defend gun ownership on the basis that everyone else has one — and then call the statistics “rubbish”.

You made it — you lie in it …………

(Not a criticism, just an observation, and my opinion — I’m not suggesting what you should or shouldn’t do — just looking in from the outside) ……
No offense intended, but you don't know any of this. These are the same old talking points we always read or hear from the people over here who want to take away our guns because they either don't have guns themselves and don't want anyone else to, or have a vested political reason for wanting to disarm us.

The fact is, almost 100% of the mass shootings happen in places that prohibit guns. Post offices, a movie theater in Aurora, CO, public schools, military bases, etc. These shootings don't happen much in places where a private citizen is likely to be armed, and on the rare occasion that it does happen there the outcome tends to be very different: although getting that particular tidbit of information out of the mainstream media is like getting blood out of a turnip. It doesn't follow the story line, you see.

And by the way, who is defending gun ownership on the basis that everyone else has one? I defend it on the basis of the fact that it is none of your, the US, state or local government's, nor anyone else's business what I have so long as I don't use it in the initiation of aggression.
And the statistics are indeed rubbish, because of the misleading way they compile those statistics. For example, they claim that 85% of American gun owners support universal background checks. That is :bs: because first, that's not how they posed the question (they posed it in a very narrow and misleading way); second, they make the answers multiple-choice and preclude any option of a reasonable "no" answer; and third, what they are really talking about is not what they claim to be talking about.

They talk about "closing the gun show loophole" because supposedly, criminals who live in a state with very strict gun laws (which also tend to be the states with very high crime; ain't it funny how that works?) can just go to a gun show in a more free state, buy a gun sans paperwork, and take it back home. What they don't tell you is that that already constitutes two federal felonies each (interstate gun commerce and transfer to a prohibited person) for both the buyer and seller. And law enforcement prosecutes these laws very aggressively, mostly because of the high fines associated with them.
When they say "universal background checks," what they really mean is 1. making it so you cannot give a gun to a family member, or sell/ buy/ trade guns among friends; and more importantly, so if their records show you having a particular gun at some point in your life and they demand that you produce it, you cannot claim that you don't have it anymore unless you can show proof. That's the real deal on "universal background checks."

You're right about one thing: I need a gun for pest control, and I'm not "demanding a constitutional right to bear arms." I am rather demanding that my natural right as a human being to go about my business of living my life (to include availing myself of, and bearing, the tools to defend it) not be infringed by any person nor group of people. If you are ok with giving up that right for yourself, that's your business.

By the way, I've never been to GB and don't claim to understand the political problems that may exist there. That being the case, I'm not gonna try to tell you how to solve them.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
The problem with guns, it that it’s real easy to pull the trigger – the gun will do the rest. You’re heart rate is likely to be elevated, but you’re not going to break into a sweat.

So now you live in a country where almost everyone has a gun – where everyone finds it as simple as pulling that trigger. Yeah sure, “guns don’t kill people, people do” – but guns sure make it easy ……

Pick a “mass murder” (in a civilised society) – done with a hammer ? – done with a Machete ? – by strangulation ?

No – by gun – because that’s the easy element , the simple bit – you can kill as fast as you can pull the trigger.

The “sickness” in this world isn’t caused by firearms – “crazed Islamics” – “Mexican drug dealers” – stick any label you want on the cause of their angst – but stick a gun in someone’s hand, and for better or for worse, it all becomes as easy as pulling the trigger …….

Now, it’s your country, and you can do what you want with it – but don’t blame the statistics when you insist on “the right to bear arms” – an arcane bit of the constitution based on the existence (and the need for) a militia.

But what puzzles me the most, is the people who have guns, are the most vocal when it comes to criticism. I’m not talking about the rifle / ranch / coyote shooters – we have them over here as well – pest control.

I’m talking about the people who are “serious” about their guns – the guys who vociferously defend their right like they were born with a mouthful of ammunition. You won’t find the coyote shooters talking like this. No-one who needs a gun for pest control is going to demand a constitutional right to bear arms – they don’t need to.

Carrying, because they live in a country that encourages the ownership of fire arms – where it has become the “norm”. A constitutional right that means every house thief out there is sooner or later going to find a gun during a robbery, and carry that gun on the next one.

The rules here are different – you can have any gun you want (other than automatic) and shoot it off at will through a gun club. But you don’t get to take it home (apart from shot guns).

As I’ve said before – it’s your country and you can do what you want to it.

But I find it a bit rich when you defend gun ownership on the basis that everyone else has one – and then call the statistics “rubbish”.

You made it – you lie in it …………

(Not a criticism, just an observation, and my opinion – I’m not suggesting what you should or shouldn’t do – just looking in from the outside) ……
Like you say Purple, you are looking at it from the Outside...your Kingdom is being overran by Islamic trash, and every other shithole on the planet, as is ours...we choose to protect our families, because we know Gawd Damn well the Corrupt Government won't and the cops can't....ask the Aussies how they feel about Gun Control now that they have had it shoved down their throats. And remember, we are the Melting Pot, take a look no farther than the inner cities where most of the violent crime is happening, every freeloading illegal POS is being allowed or welcomed in while 80% of the rest sit on their collective asses and pop out bastard children to commit more crime....do you really think a government can force the criminal element to give up their weapons of choice? Not a f**king chance...

Cops being murdered on a daily basis and Obama is making excuses if one of his chosen ones is doing the killing, but if some punk with a different skin pigmentation does the shooting the Kenyan bastard is all to eager to blame "Guns"....Bullshit...Criminals regardless of race are to blame and facts don't lie...weapons other than guns are used by murdering trash in greater numbers....and any stats I pull out, unlike the article shown, won't be out of my ass....

1 - 20 of 165 Posts