TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
I lived in the Indianapolis area (Zionsville) for about 9 years. There is some pretty country in the southern part of the state as your pictures illustrate. Thanks for sharing and get out and enjoy the weather while it is still nice!

Brian

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Nice pics Kelly! Last weekend i got to ride the "2013 HNF ride" and there is a baby version of the dragons tail about 10 miles south of Brownstown. Its about 1 mile long. Its called old 135 and heading south on 135 just past the creek turn right on W wheeler road then turn left onto old 135. It runs about a mile and runs back into 135. I figured i would throw that out there for the indiana riders. I ride down south alot and i had never been on it before but am glad i have now.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I used to live in Bloomington and still have a brother there. Definitely some nice riding in the state. The road between Btown and Nashville is a fun curvy ride as well as another ride past Lake Monroe by turning at the first flashing light on the two lane. Plenty of state forest down that way too.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
His is a clear clarke tank 2.7 gal. What area are you from indiana? Im about 25-30 minutes north of Bloomington. I work for a freight company and luckily my route is mostly Bloomington/Nashville. Right now the fall folliage is in full swing and the leaves are perfect! 45 between Bloomington and Bean Blossom is probably the funnest twisty paved road in the area. 135 going south is nice to. My favorite little gravel roads is off of 135 just south of Bean Blossom. Turn left/east on Greasy creek road and immediately turn left again on "Freeman Ridge road" take it all the way to wallow hollow and down the salt creek. Its an awesome little gravel road that mostly runs across a ridge top with great views. Its hard to pick a bad road in that area.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thanks small's. I'm in Columbus and it sounds like we haunt some of the same places. I have not been on the grave section you mentioned, but it sounds good. I think I remember Greasy creek from some bicycle rides, so I must have been close.

I don't have a TW, but I'm in the market for one. Currently a KTM is my only ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts