TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1000 times. Yep, that's how many times the new shock is that I put on my 87 is over whoops now. I was feared dropping 500 dollars on a YSS shock was not going to be worth it. It's more than I paid for the entire bike.
Today I gave my 200 the stress test on a 35 mile ride with a bunch of sand whoops. The shock still needs a little tweaking, but I can now ride the TW like any other dirt bike. I can hit bumps without gritting my teeth and the bike slamming or fear I'm going to get kicked sideways. It's still overweight and underpowered. Only rolling a new KTM450 under a TW gas cap will fix that. But the TW has horrible suspension and it has the potential easily to be a better bike.

·
Registered
119 Posts
1000 times. Yep, that's how many times the new shock is that I put on my 87 is over whoops now. I was feared dropping 500 dollars on a YSS shock was not going to be worth it. It's more than I paid for the entire bike.
Today I gave my 200 the stress test on a 35 mile ride with a bunch of sand whoops. The shock still needs a little tweaking, but I can now ride the TW like any other dirt bike. I can hit bumps without gritting my teeth and the bike slamming or fear I'm going to get kicked sideways. It's still overweight and underpowered. Only rolling a new KTM450 under a TW gas cap will fix that. But the TW has horrible suspension and it has the potential easily to be a better bike.
Wow. Great job developing a shock we've all been jonesing for.

Are you planning on putting up a sticky on the work after completed? I myself would like to duplicate your effort for my bike after you're done.

Might be a marketing opportunity in this effort for you somewhere !?!?

:D

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had mentioned to the company that there's a need for an affordable shock for the TW. I could be misunderstanding their interest however I got a meh feeling in their response. I'm not the first to get a TW shock from them although Im surprised that the first shock I got was short. I'm far from decent in setting up dirt bike suspensions. Some guys are really good at it. I just know I couldn't muscle the tw over rough stuff before and now the bike doesnt slam like my grandfather's Chevy wagon on the driveway apron any more. if I have a criticism it's that I'd like to be a little plusher on roots and stuff. The shock is easy enough to get off so I'll give it back until it's better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts