TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So out of boredom I went on e-bay and put a search on for TW200 and I keep seeing someone trying to get $108.99 for an oil filter. Am I missing something here? What the hell kind of oil filter could possibly be worth $109? Has anyone actually spent $109 on an oil filter? If so you must really love your TW!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
They're government models.. subsidized by us.

So out of boredom I went on e-bay and put a search on for TW200 and I keep seeing someone trying to get $108.99 for an oil filter. Am I missing something here? What the hell kind of oil filter could possibly be worth $109? Has anyone actually spent $109 on an oil filter? If so you must really love your TW!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Some Ebay sellers take advantage of that old saying, "There is a sucker born every minute". Don't be surprised to see one of them buy that filter. I have seen a few times guys selling totally used and worn out front sprockets from a 1987 TW for more than the cost of a new one and claiming they are very rare. I go by that other old saying, " A fool and his money are soon parted".

GaryL

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I actually questioned a seller on ebay about his high price. I didn't expect to get an answer because I wasn't all that polite when I asked, but he did answer. here was his reason. he said he jacked up his price so high that nobody would buy, because he didn't have any. he said it was easier to keep his listing going while he was out of stock, than to take his listing down and relist when his items came back in stock. sounds a bit like fraud to me

·
Registered
323 Posts
Research research research... Buyer beware. Buyer do research..A lazy person might get "had" by sellers like that. An informed consumer will say "WTF!?!?! No way"...

·
Registered
916 Posts
I actually questioned a seller on ebay about his high price. I didn't expect to get an answer because I wasn't all that polite when I asked, but he did answer. here was his reason. he said he jacked up his price so high that nobody would buy, because he didn't have any. he said it was easier to keep his listing going while he was out of stock, than to take his listing down and relist when his items came back in stock. sounds a bit like fraud to me

That's SOP for eBay vendors. Just easier and cheaper to let the listing run with unattainable asking price than to go through the hoops of generating a new listing. No fraud in my opinion

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Research research research... Buyer beware. Buyer do research..A lazy person might get "had" by sellers like that. An informed consumer will say "WTF!?!?! No way"...
if someone ever paid over $100 for a $15 tw filter......I think he may deserve what he gets and......I have lots of things that could use a new home

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
That's SOP for eBay vendors. Just easier and cheaper to let the listing run with unattainable asking price than to go through the hoops of generating a new listing. No fraud in my opinion
agreed.would be easy to check his feedback and find previous filters sold.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts