TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
So addicting. Going to make a snack and watch again. Nice find Fred!

Tom

·
Registered
19,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Endless distruction is so enthralling. I wonder if there is a Penske or Ryder truck rental place nearby.;)
Seeing a few dozen of these allows me to feel less guilty about stupid stuff I have done.
So Tom, what snack goes well with the can-opener bridge clips?

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Endless distruction is so enthralling. I wonder if there is a Ryder truck rental place nearby.;)
Seeing a few dozen of these allows me to feel less guilty about stupid stuff I have done.
So Tom, what snack goes well with the can-opener bridge clips?
A can of Tuna, saltine crackers, and pimento olives.

Tom

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Reminds me from the days I delivered RV Motor Homes....always checked out the routes, and hazards.....you have to know what awaits....

Great Viewing Entertainment for the rest of us....had to suck as one of the "Victims" however....:p

·
Registered
19,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
How about bridges Pat, ever have to get out and say "Sorry comrade" like this guy?

Or this guy?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Damn fine watchin' Fred. Height well posted an everything. Looked like some pf the Rv's jess kept going......
Makes me wonder how much fun could be had by finding a low bridge and swiping the sign! Doubt they exist here
in vehicle land though.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
All you Haters calm down. I'm not in those videos. I check clearances before driving ANY road for the first time. It's the professional thing to do.

·
Registered
19,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh we knew not to expect to see qwerty's rig getting scalped on such an infamous railroad underpass,. Common sense and professionalism preclude that.
That video could play in an endless loop in the background of some truck driver's schools.
My local steel truss bridge over the Truckee has some enormous dents where dummies didn't read the height signage.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
When I was working on rehabbing our training program I did get a few looping videos. One was a seven minute video of shorts taken from dash cams of trucks as they hit low clearances. Hitting a low enough bridge can be very violent inside the cab. The videos were effective, but the bosses did not want to spend the money for monitors and players.

Just like a motorcycle: observe, plan, execute. However, you can't just whip around 70 feet of truck and hide most anywhere to think. A trucker needs to know where he is going, how he is going to get there, how to get in and out of every stop along the way, which entrance to use at the consignee, where to park to check in, etc. This must all be decided BEFORE starting the engine. There is no going with the flow in a big truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts