TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD ENDED '12 TW200 less than 500 miles. North Texas $3295

SOLD & Ended! Thank you all!

Anybody know what a dutch auction is? Price reduced every day until sale happens.....stay tuned. This bike will sell....
Has Acerbis hand guards. Has a fresh oil change, ready to go for hunting season and fall riding. Available in North Texas. PM or call my toll free 866-566-5213. Listed on Ebay now at $3,295 with no extras…extras will go here later.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
What would you want for just the bike with the hand guards? Clear title? Owners manual and toolkit? Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Lithium Battery was $96 including shipping, Moose rack, $125, stainless bolt kit $24. so, I would sell with regular battery and hand guards at $3,450. Tool kit and manual are with it. Yes, a clear title, thought it does need current plates and inspection. And, shipping to PA will be in the $450 range, not expensive, if that is what you are thinking.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See pictures for condition. Has new lithium battery, & Acerbis hand guards. Has a fresh oil change, ready to go for hunting season and fall riding. Available in North Texas. PM or call my toll free 866-566-5213. Listed on Craigslist now at $3,595 with no extras….It goes on Flea Bay in a few minutes…extras will go here later.

So, is this priced right?, let me know your thoughts please!
Really need to know what should the price be if this isn't correct?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2012 TW200 On Ebay now with Buy it Now at $3,495

See pictures for condition. Has Acerbis hand guards. Has a fresh oil change, ready to go for hunting season and fall riding. Available in North Texas. PM or call my toll free 866-566-5213. Listed on Ebay now at $3,495 with no extras…extras will go here later.

So, is this priced right?, let me know your thoughts please!
I reduced the price by removing the lithium battery and may have some additional negotiating room for members. PM questions or leave them here…..thanks for the helpful feedback as well.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I think $3,500. is about right. If you want to sell it right away drop it it $3,000.00 and watch it fly away. Personally, I think a 2 year old clean bike from an ADULT owner with the right kind of 500 miles is worth 3500 but, I already have one and I am in Montana. If you have the time to wait, it will sell at 3450.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
well worth the price but on ebay it may take a few runs to get that kind of number (ebayers are not fond of buy it nows over $3k on TW's in my experience) even though it's a good deal

I would remove the "make offer" from the ebay auction because it shows possible weakness on price and a real buyer will contact you if they want to make an offer less than what you are asking

Craigslist will be your best bet and have some patience it may take a month to 6 weeks to pull that price but it will happen

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I think you are in the ball park with your price and the add Ons. Where I think a problem will arise is a bommer for your sale. I can buy a brand new left over 2013 right now for right around $4,000 plus tax and it will have zero miles and full warranty. Just say I bought yours for around $3400. I would still have to pay my state sales tax at registration and come and get it or have it shipped. I would be far ahead to just by the new left over.

I don't know what the market is like for TWs in Texas or what the dealers who have left overs are getting for them. What I do know with all vehicles is the original buyer almost always pays the premium and subsequent buyers are always looking for a great deal far below what it might actually be worth.

if I were you, I would have to think hard about how badly I need it gone! Up here in the NE I see a lot of very new TWs for sale on CL and all are at or higher than what a dealer can sell a new left over one for. If I was in the market for a new or almost new TW I would be hounding the dealers with left overs with cash dollars in my pocket.

Reality does suck at times but my 1991 TW I bought this July with 675 miles and in show room condition is every bit as valuable as your 2012 IMHO. They just have not changed all that much over the years and every change has been offset by other losses of valued functionality. If you put two TWs side by side and in identical condition and both with 500 actual miles, one is an early 90s for around $1600 and the other is a 2012 for around $3300, guess which one I will buy? The add Ons cost the same no matter what year.

GaryL

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Makes you wonder why Yamaha keeps making new ones doesn't it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
They probably still sell them because they still make money for both Yamaha and the dealer, even at <$4,000 out the door price new. Of course dealers are always hoping for the buyer who accepts full MSRP plus add on fees and pay $5,000+ for the same bike that another buyer pays $3,900. I suspect some of the used bikes with asking prices of $3,500 to $4,500 are from some of the people who paid top dollar new. And some sellers are probably floating out a high price hoping for uninformed buyers just like dealers hope for. Check Ebay TW200 listings and click the “sold” box for real world prices, a new one from dealer recently went for $3,600 including all fees – the dealer also had to pay Ebay fees to sell it.

I'm looking for one but realize it is just a toy for me and that drives what I am willing to pay.

I do think your price is good. It is close to what I would be interested myself except you are too far away. GLWS

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
These are Toys! Some folks simply have to have brand new recreational toys and would never even consider buying a used anything! Probably one of the very worst toy purchases a person could ever make is a brand new boat. Buy it for $10,000 this year and can't sell it for $5,000 the next year. TWs differ a bit because they just don't change that much. I don't know all the subtle changes but I would venture a guess a 2012 is just about the same bike as a 2006 so if they are in equal condition and have the same miles they should be comparable in the used price market.

TWs offered at Ebay would scare me to death. If it is a good machine then why can't it sell local? I find most of the offerings at the auction sites where you can't go see it in person are there for a good reason, flaws are easily hidden and buyer beware! A sellers idea of "Excellent Condition" is usually a far cry different than my own.

GaryL

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These are Toys! Some folks simply have to have brand new recreational toys and would never even consider buying a used anything! Probably one of the very worst toy purchases a person could ever make is a brand new boat. Buy it for $10,000 this year and can't sell it for $5,000 the next year. TWs differ a bit because they just don't change that much. I don't know all the subtle changes but I would venture a guess a 2012 is just about the same bike as a 2006 so if they are in equal condition and have the same miles they should be comparable in the used price market.

TWs offered at Ebay would scare me to death. If it is a good machine then why can't it sell local? I find most of the offerings at the auction sites where you can't go see it in person are there for a good reason, flaws are easily hidden and buyer beware! A sellers idea of "Excellent Condition" is usually a far cry different than my own.

GaryL
Awe come on Gary, you know you are just hoping you can score this sweet ride yourself, and ride with metal made in this decade and fresh seals, gears, shiny plastic parts, and tires that have date codes less than 2 years old...I really think you want it. Give it up, call me and it is yours. We can meet half way or fly here and ride it home!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Awe come on Gary, you know you are just hoping you can score this sweet ride yourself, and ride with metal made in this decade and fresh seals, gears, shiny plastic parts, and tires that have date codes less than 2 years old...I really think you want it. Give it up, call me and it is yours. We can meet half way or fly here and ride it home!
LOL! Fresh metal made in this decade and with my luck I would get back my old and very rusty Chevette that went overseas to be smelted and repurposed.
No doubt I would love to have a nice and new low mile TW to start the process all over again but I am eagerly searching for that guy who really, really needs the cash now and needs the bike gone in a hurry. You all are likely to see me right around January when the Christmas bills start coming in dragging my trailer with a nice newer TW through a blizzard up here in NY that I scored dirt cheap.

Three simple rules I try to live by, Buy a used boat in November, Buy a nice hunting Rifle right after big game season and Buy a MC in Jan/Feb.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
GaryL, I used to buy Goldwings in the Midwest in late October or early November from those who wanted Christmas money. I bought only from someone who could warehouse it for me until spring. I would then fly to the motorcycles (always bought two close together) in the spring when my son got out of school and ride them back to California. I made money on every one of them, had great rides with my son, always took a different route home. Great Times.
Mel

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally received an offer I couldn't refuse! Thanks for all the good natured advice!

LOL! Fresh metal made in this decade and with my luck I would get back my old and very rusty Chevette that went overseas to be smelted and repurposed.
No doubt I would love to have a nice and new low mile TW to start the process all over again but I am eagerly searching for that guy who really, really needs the cash now and needs the bike gone in a hurry. You all are likely to see me right around January when the Christmas bills start coming in dragging my trailer with a nice newer TW through a blizzard up here in NY that I scored dirt cheap.

Three simple rules I try to live by, Buy a used boat in November, Buy a nice hunting Rifle right after big game season and Buy a MC in Jan/Feb.

GaryL
Finally received an offer I couldn't refuse! Thanks for all the good natured advice!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
what I was talking about

Brand new out the door price in this area is $3999 now, tough sell for a used one at his price.

473 miles 2013 yamaha TW200
LMAO! That guy must have had Elvis sign his tank! If he honestly did pay $5571 out the door I would not be bragging about it. I saw a dealer today in PA, (Miller's) offering brand new 2014s for $3780.

For $5571 I hope he waddled through that door looking like the Pillsbury Doe Boy with all the fanciest armor and shinny new boots and helmet plus a 4 year extended warranty that covers next to nothing when it brakes.

GaryL

·
Registered
89 Posts
LMAO! That guy must have had Elvis sign his tank! If he honestly did pay $5571 out the door I would not be bragging about it. I saw a dealer today in PA, (Miller's) offering brand new 2014s for $3780.

For $5571 I hope he waddled through that door looking like the Pillsbury Doe Boy with all the fanciest armor and shinny new boots and helmet plus a 4 year extended warranty that covers next to nothing when it brakes.

GaryL
Do you know if that dealer is trying to add "fees" other than tax/license? I might consider the buy new route if I happen across many more imbecilic craiglist sellers, some of them are real characters. But I think a little more patience will pay off buying used.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts