TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've been riding bikes for years, and have had a lot of different bikes. I needed something better suited for hunting so I decided to try the tw. I love this bike, but it seems to lack some low end grunt. It seems like most guys like to gear them up for the road, any of you gear yours down, and what sprockets did you like. I am wanting to try a 13 tooth front, but I can't find one anywhere. I went down to Rocky Mountain atv today, and went through there books, and couldn't find one. Does anybody know were I can get one or should I just try a rear sprocket, any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi guys, I've been riding bikes for years, and have had a lot of different bikes. I needed something better suited for hunting so I decided to try the tw. I love this bike, but it seems to lack some low end grunt. It seems like most guys like to gear them up for the road, any of you gear yours down, and what sprockets did you like. I am wanting to try a 13 tooth front, but I can't find one anywhere. I went down to Rocky Mountain atv today, and went through there books, and couldn't find one. Does anybody know were I can get one or should I just try a rear sprocket, any help would be great. Thanks

I tried a 13 tooth front sprocket over a year ago.

I found that the sprocket caused the chain to rub against the bike's structure way too much for my liking--- so I removed it.

Sidewinder made this sprocket for me, (aka Krause Racing) you can look them up on the internet.

Good Luck.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi Fruitloop,

At this site
there is a calculator on which you could change the sprocket sizes to see the effect on your speed.

I think it would be safe to suggest that a lower speed would indicate a higher amount op HP available, and vice versa.

Lots of choices....

Petrus

·
Registered
78 Posts
I suggest going with a larger rear sprocket. If for no other reason then more teeth in contact with more links which should reduce wear.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I suggest going with a larger rear sprocket. If for no other reason then more teeth in contact with more links which should reduce wear.

+1 on changing the rear sprocket. I personally prefer more teeth over less. Step up to 14/54 or 14/57 for more low end pull.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I just put a 55 tooth on the rear, and it feels like it's going to do the trick, I'm going to go try it out in the morning.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thanks for the info. I just put a 55 tooth on the rear, and it feels like it's going to do the trick, I'm going to go try it out in the morning.

Good choice. I used that gearing configuration for most of my rides in Utah, Colorado, and Nevada over the last 3 years.

Enjoy

Mike

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
@ Fruitlooptw

I loved my 13 in front with a 54 rear.

It was perfect for my 125ccm engine to climb on hills.

I have now a compareable transmission on my 200ccm MX-TW.

I can recomment it!!!!

You can send me a mail, if you are still interessted into it.

Regards, Sebastian

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hey, Sabastian found us! Glad you could make it, Sabastian!
I've found this forum on the first day and I've made the registration.

This is just one of my first post's.

I just haven't had enougth time, to search a bit here for some interessting topic's.

It's good to be here.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I bought two 13 tooth sprockets a year or so ago. Since the 13 is a smaller diameter it seems the brand I purchased could not use the stock plate for locking to the primary shaft as it will prevent the chain from fully nesting. This brand used a clip to lock to the shaft. I have sold one of the two to a forum member and will sell the remaining one for $6. as it is no longer attached to the package. PM/E-mail me if interested. Gerry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts