TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered

Registered
Good article! :icon_thumbright:

There is a great deal of negative stigma associated with the whole marijuana / cannabis issue. As one who has spent almost his entire life in the "Emerald Triangle" I have seen many examples of both the pros & cons of the subject. Most of the major issues representing the negative side of cannabis stem directly from its prohibition. Second to that is the overwhelming amount of misinformation on its effects. Third would have to be the crime & exploitation that come hand in hand with ANY illegal / prohibited substance / product, whether it be the use of rhino horn, or toad licking, bootleg male enhancement products, counterfeit Gucci handbags, Chinese turbine blades, well, you get the idea.

We all know the best way to take 98% of all the problems associated with cannabis out of the picture. It's simple. Make it as legal as any other garden vegetable. m.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #5
I think most of the side effects are well known. Like any medicine, there are pluses and negatives. For me personally (I don't suffer with the negatives because I use so little throughout the day) I find the benefits far outweigh the negatives. See #3, I do suffer/haha with that one once in a while.

9 Side Effects of Marijuana - Leaf Science

:D

Now, for your next assignment, report all the negative effects of marijuana. You always post the positives but never the negatives. You should be fair and balanced in your reporting (pro's and con's of use). If you can't be fair you should at least be balanced. :evil4::angel7:

Read Only
Numbers 5 and 6 say it can be used as an antidepressant and as anxiety treatment. I've always found the opposite to be true, personally. Pot always seems to make me think too much. Which usually leads to anxiety that I'm not doing things right and depression that I haven't done things right. Which is why I usually stay away from it. I stick to booze, which just makes you feel good and numbs your thoughts and feelings like a good drug should.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #7
It works for me, but I follow my own personal rules, meaning less is better. Too much could cause this.
Numbers 5 and 6 say it can be used as an antidepressant and as anxiety treatment. I've always found the opposite to be true, personally. Pot always seems to make me think too much. Which usually leads to anxiety that I'm not doing things right and depression that I haven't done things right. Which is why I usually stay away from it. I stick to booze, which just makes you feel good and numbs your thoughts and feelings like a good drug should.

Registered
I just wanted to pop in and say that I could not ride a motorcycle or even work without medical marijuana.

Sure, I could become another oxy addicted pill eating machine but I do not believe that is how we are intended to live.

Long before western medicine indigenous peoples all over the world were using herbal medicine, some camnabis, most not. Most were not using plants in the opioid family either.

Anyone who finds relief from cannabis should also look into holistic and herbal medicines. My mother in law extracts essential oils from a handful of herbs and flowers and they all definitely have their own effects and distinguishable medicinal qualities. Dosing is the hard part, ime.

Anyway, I was tickled to see this thread and do agree that everyone needs to respect cannabis for what it is, a (naturally occurring) chemical substance. Just like all substances and everything in life-moderation is best :)

@littletommy: what do you use marijuana to treat?

Take care all!
Jake

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #9
I use it for pain from degenerative bone disease and arthritis mostly, also ptsd and anxiety. A third of my back either is fused or has had discs and vertebrae removed, part of my hip is gone too. It helps. I can honestly say using it has kept me from having to take opiates for 30 years. I'm pretty sure if I had kept taking the pain meds I'd be dead now. I might not have the best quality life, but I'm still kickin and more important, ridin!!! I am having to take some pain meds now, though I still hate them. I was supposed to be taking various pills for life, all kinds of pain killers, muscle relaxers and other crap. I did it from 86 to 87 and said no more. From then to now. I'd say Marijuana saved my life.
I just wanted to pop in and say that I could not ride a motorcycle or even work without medical marijuana.

Sure, I could become another oxy addicted pill eating machine but I do not believe that is how we are intended to live.

Long before western medicine indigenous peoples all over the world were using herbal medicine, some camnabis, most not. Most were not using plants in the opioid family either.

Anyone who finds relief from cannabis should also look into holistic and herbal medicines. My mother in law extracts essential oils from a handful of herbs and flowers and they all definitely have their own effects and distinguishable medicinal qualities. Dosing is the hard part, ime.

Anyway, I was tickled to see this thread and do agree that everyone needs to respect cannabis for what it is, a (naturally occurring) chemical substance. Just like all substances and everything in life-moderation is best :)

@littletommy: what do you use marijuana to treat?

Take care all!
Jake

Registered
I use it for pain from degenerative bone disease and arthritis mostly, also ptsd and anxiety. A third of my back either is fused or has had discs and vertebrae removed, part of my hip is gone too. It helps. I can honestly say using it has kept me from having to take opiates for 30 years. I'm pretty sure if I had kept taking the pain meds I'd be dead now. I might not have the best quality life, but I'm still kickin and more important, ridin!!! I am having to take some pain meds now, though I still hate them. I was supposed to be taking various pills for life, all kinds of pain killers, muscle relaxers and other crap. I did it from 86 to 87 and said no more. From then to now. I'd say Marijuana saved my life.
I feel for you littletommy. We have a lot in common, degenerative diseases are terrible.

Keep fighting the good fight man, I'm glad where you live you are not a criminal for medicating.

Take care,
Jake

Registered
I am 55 now. I have not used MJ since I was 21yo. I did smoke a lot back then. Strongly believe it should be fully legal.

Have you heard of peak oil? We are on the edge of a plateau. Thus my desire for transport that gets 80 + mpg. I really like the idea of hemp used as an alternative for bodies.

Registered
I was very surprised to see this thread here at the forum. I'm new here so I don't really know the personalities of the people here but I am loving this place more every day!:)

As far as the negatives of marijuana - I think I have been hearing enough of that B.S. for the last 60 years!

Super Moderator
I was very surprised to see this thread here at the forum!
You鈥檒l get used to it 鈥 it tends to come from one source, but he鈥檚 got his reasons

I鈥檇 agree it鈥檚 a lot better (for medicinal use) than some of the stuff they prescribe these days - and I鈥檝e been on both ends of that experiment

鈥淩ecreational use鈥 aside, hemp has a lot going for it, and an equally long history of the use of the plants fibre

If I were to venture a personal opinion (which I am generally not known for), alcohol and tobacco are probably worse in the scheme of things (recreationally speaking), and prescribed opioids will put you in a completely different dimension 鈥 (un-prescribed opioids are a slow death)

So, yes 鈥 this subject comes up often (on a family friendly forum about motorcycles) 鈥 but taken in 鈥渃ontext鈥 it works

That鈥檚 the thing about this forum 鈥 we鈥檙e friendly enough on here to discuss most things, and old enough and wise enough to know what is reckless, and what doesn鈥檛 need encouraging 鈥︹.

Registered
I'm tell'in ya, pot can kill or injure in more ways than one.

[h=1]Man critically hurt in explosion at Huntington pot business[/h]The explosion happened inside a room where the extraction process to make marijuana oil is conducted.

HUNTINGTON, Ore. -- A 28-year-old was taken to the hospital after an explosion at a Huntington marijuana farm Thursday.
According to the Baker County Sheriff's Office, the incident happened at 2:38 p.m. at Burnt River Farms, located at 300 Oregon Trail Boulevard in Huntington.
Officials say the explosion happened inside a concrete building on the edge of the property, in a room where the extraction process to make marijuana oil is conducted.

One employee, 28-year-old Aaron Langley, was inside the room at the time and was hurt in the explosion. Langley was taken to Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise, where he was listed in critical condition Friday.
The sheriff's office is investigating the explosion, along with Oregon State Police, Oregon State Fire Marshall's Office, Oregon Liquor Control Commission and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the sheriff's office.
According to the Burnt River Farms website, the business employs six people and operates under a "farm to store" model.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts